1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technics SCHDV 600AV

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by PhilSharpe, Mar 20, 2002.

1. PhilSharpe

PhilSharpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I think this is the correct forum to post in.

I'm looking to put a home cinemas system with a 28" Panasonic Tau widescreen TV and a separate decoder.

I came across the Technics SCHDV 600AV system in my local electrical store and was wondering if people had any views on this equipment.

I do currently have a similar Technics stereo but the build in DVD player and 5.1 decoder, speakers etc. appeals in a minimal addition to the living room.

For those who don't know it the system appears to be a standard Technics stereo with a build in DVD player and the 5.1 decoder along with the appropriate speakers.

Thanks.

Philip Sharpe

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hi

Technics do make some good stuff, easily one of the best in terms of mini component systems. I had (still have!) a Technics SCEH750 Pro-Logic system and connected my dvd player to it via the 5.1 inputs and got pretty good results from it.

I´d certainly consider it as an serious alternative to the Lifestyle systems that seem to be doing the rounds at the moment, just bear in mind you may not be able to get the dvd section modified for multiregion playback (you need to look into that) and I´m not sure what video outputs the system has.

Hopefully it will have RGB scart (which is a MUST!!) so double check that.

Always demo the equipment before you buy as well, if you dont like it, dont buy it, simple as that!!

Cheers

3. PhilSharpe

PhilSharpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool,

I wasn't sure what the general opinion of Technics gear is. Especially the cheaper (is £500 cheap these days?) side of the market.

As for the DVD playback I'm more interested if it's got some digital audio input so I can hook up my X-Box and PC!

Thanks.

Philip Sharpe