Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Technics SC-CH7 help please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by hermes, Oct 2, 2005.

1. hermes

hermes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this system is pretty ancient but at the moment I can't afford anything new as I'm getting an LCD TV but...

For some time now I have had a problem with one of the speakers, it sounds like there is little or no Bass at all, I can confirm this by gently touching the outer edge of the bass unit, one vibrates and the other one barely moves.

I have tried swapping the cables round eg trying the other speaker on that cable and the same thing happens to the different speaker.

So I guess now ther is something wrong at the output end of the amp, can this be, is it possible for some bass to work but not all of it?

Anyone got any good ideas I could try or confirm what it could be and if neccesary fix please?

PS. good ideas without meaning binning it lol
    cheers!