Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Technics SADX930 Coaxial input problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cooper.101, Jun 20, 2003.

1. cooper.101

cooper.101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently bought a technics sadx930 receiver & i've got a bit of a problem. Thers no coaxial input! where it should be according to the manual just under the 2 optical inputs theres nothing, there, just metal, not a hole where one used to be. But, under the DVD L&R analogue inputs there is also an individual single phono input for the rest of the speakers (surround left, surround right, center & sub) according to the manual these shouldnt be there or at least arent in the picture. Can anyone please help as my dvd player doesnt have a optical out, so coax is my only way to get surround.

Any help is much appreciated

2. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi cooper.101

I once had a Technics SA DX930 and mine also only had 2 optical digital inputs. But my manual made no reference to coaxial digital input and did mention 5.1 input.

Sounds like you have the wrong manual or a manual for a overseas version.

What you need is a Coaxial to optical digital converter.

I had the same problem as you with the technics as at the time my dvd player was coaxial output only.
    So infact I brought one of these converters, I still have mine but I don't use it anymore.
    So if you are interested let me know

Cheers

Jimmysil