1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technics SADX930 Coaxial input problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cooper.101, Jun 20, 2003.

1. cooper.101

cooper.101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently bought a technics sadx930 receiver & i've got a bit of a problem. Thers no coaxial input! where it should be according to the manual just under the 2 optical inputs theres nothing, there, just metal, not a hole where one used to be. But, under the DVD L&R analogue inputs there is also an individual single phono input for the rest of the speakers (surround left, surround right, center & sub) according to the manual these shouldnt be there or at least arent in the picture. Can anyone please help as my dvd player doesnt have a optical out, so coax is my only way to get surround.

Any help is much appreciated

2. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi cooper.101

I once had a Technics SA DX930 and mine also only had 2 optical digital inputs. But my manual made no reference to coaxial digital input and did mention 5.1 input.

Sounds like you have the wrong manual or a manual for a overseas version.

What you need is a Coaxial to optical digital converter.

I had the same problem as you with the technics as at the time my dvd player was coaxial output only.
    So infact I brought one of these converters, I still have mine but I don't use it anymore.
    So if you are interested let me know

Cheers

Jimmysil