Technics SADX-950

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hornydragon, Jan 6, 2002.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I have fancied the Technics SADX950 for a while and can now afford it so I wondered what you thought, any recomendations for a suitable speaker set up, I'm new to all this and need a guiding hand, I was going for the SADX950 a Panasonic DVD-RV31 MR from Techtronics and some Mission M72/73 fronts and matching centre and rears. My budget is limited and I want a Hi-Fi/Home Cinema set up, in one set I already have a Technics SLPG490 CD deck.

Cheers

2. IanB

IanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

All my kit is Technics apart from my speakers - I have just bought Eltax Millennium 150 fronts, 80 rears and centre (no sub as yet). The Eltax arn't expensive compared to what other people pay - I spent about £190.00.I considered the Missions you mentioned.

I bought my AV amp in 1999 it's an SA-AX730 (£230 - ish) and I've recently bought the Technics A10 DVD Audio player, I've got my eye on the SA-DA10 or the SA-DX1050 receivers but I can't see me buying yet.

I can't claim to be 'serious' about my home cinema, but I certainly want a good sound / picture etc. I certainly get that from what I have bought.