Technics HD301

countryloon

Novice Member
I have recently moved my technics HD301 system.The tuner now searches for a signal but will not find or fix to any in either FM or AM.everything else continues to function correctly.
I have just replaced the tuner with one the same ST -HD301 from eBay and find the fault continues with the replacement unit also.
anyone with any knowledge and repair options ? as I really don’t want to chuck this faithfully servant.
thankyou for your consideration, the countryloon. image.jpg

MaryWhitehouse

Welcome. Sounds like an aerial fault.

wine man

I think the clue is that you say you moved the system. It is probably now in a place where it cannot pick up any signal. The simple indoor aerials that come with those systems are pretty useless TBH, I had a roof aerial fitted for my FM tuner. Try attaching the FM tuner antenna connection to your TV aerial one way or another - this would almost certainly pull in a signal due to the extra height of the TV aerial.

countryloon

Novice Member
I have recently moved my technics HD301 system.The tuner now searches for a signal but will not find or fix to any in either FM or AM.everything else continues to function correctly.
I have just replaced the tuner with one the same ST -HD301 from eBay and find the fault continues with the replacement unit also.
anyone with any knowledge and repair options ? as I really don’t want to chuck this faithfully servant.
thankyou for your consideration, the countryloon.View attachment 1661415

countryloon

Novice Member
Thankyou for your reply’s.I do not consider it to be a positional /Ariel fault as I have tried moving back, and around the house now also connected to outside tv Ariel.
as the problem remains with the replacement tuner unit,I think the damaged component may be in the amplifier/power unit or tape unit as they are all connected by a 10 or 12 pin ribbon type cable (which was disconnected for move) and supply’s power,text,remote signals etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom