TECHNICS DVD-A10 - Ever heard it?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nelgan, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Nelgan

Nelgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased a leftover dealer closeout Technics DVD-A10. It offers DVD-Audio, and upsamples redbook CD to 24/96. Picture quality is outstanding, CD playback is fairly good, and build quality is excellent. Were these offered in the UK?

2. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Yep they sure were. It is a first generation DVD-A machine from a couple of years ago, it was an upmarket version of the panasonic DVD A7 using better components eg DACS etc. Hope this answers your question :)

3. Nelgan

Nelgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I picked up 2 of these as dealer leftovers for less than $200us each. I plan to modify them slightly. Tremendous value!

4. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    You should buy more and sell them on Ebay you could make yourself a nice profit!!:)
    Have fun its a v good machine

5. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I'd second that. The Technics was better than I expected, especially as a CD player. The remote control is a work of genius, and should be looked at by some other manufacturers.

Russell

6. Nelgan

Nelgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did buy them on ebay! Because the DVD-A format hasn't taken off, the resale value dropped dramatically. A simple upgade to an IEC socket and Burr Brown op-amps should transform this machine quite nicely!