Technics DAB seperate

Giraffe76

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im inheriting an old technics SC-HD301 seprates hifi system with an amp,FM tuner,CD&cassette player but it doesn't have no DAB part
Would it be possible i could buy a DAB part to connect and use it with this system

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Kind regards Mark

Not sure if there are any Aux in connections available? If not you could use the FM tuner inputs and connect the DAB analogue outs to those. Most DAB separates have FM/AM tuners built in too so you could ditch the Technics tuner?

It is unlikely that there would be a matching part.. but a superior alternative ,which is viable if you have a smart phone and WiFi at home, is the chromecast audio ( cca ) , which will provide better than dab quality to hundreds of thousands of stations using any of the low cost streaming apps like TuneIn radio. All you need to do is connect it's output to the aux input on the amplifer.. at 30 quid it's a no brainer!!!.

CCA as above but the Aux connections are actually on the tuner component.

Manual

+1 to the CCA. DAB isnt much cop if I'm honest.

A Chromecast audio will allow you to stream radio stations with ease (especially if you have an Android phone) but also open up other possibilities too. They're an utter bargain even at £30 which is double what I paid for mine.

Hi all,

Thank you for all your replies. What i should of mentioned is that i dont have any wifi/internet connection besides my android mobile phone so how does that effect things?

Could i buy a chromecast,connect it to the tuner and then connect my phone to the chromecast or am i thinking about it wrongly?

Any further help would be appreciated

Mark

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you for all your replies. What i should of mentioned is that i dont have any wifi/internet connection besides my android mobile phone so how does that effect things?

Could i buy a chromecast,connect it to the tuner and then connect my phone to the chromecast or am i thinking about it wrongly?

Any further help would be appreciated

Mark
You are thinking about it incorrectly.. without a WiFi arrangement at home, the economics probably don't work out. The Chromecast needs to be connected to a wi fi transmitter, and the mobile phone then acts as the screen interface. .. Now some expensive smart phones can also be used as WiFi transmitters..it's called making a hotspot, but it uses up a lot of battery, and maybe a lot of your mobile data allowance...ok as a temporary measure

What did you want to listen to on DAB? You could still buy a separate tuner but there's not that many about. If what you want is on Freeview then you could also consider a Freeview set top box. You'd need an TV aerial & a box with display for ease of use, save having to put the TV on to change channel. Newer ones tend not to have that nor analogue outputs so something used like the Humax Fox T2 would do the job.

Last edited:
Hi all,

As long as you have sufficient data for streaming then you could just connect the phone directly to the stereo with a cable, providing your phone has a headphone socket. Simply download the TuneIn app to your phone and plug it in with an appropriate cable.

Thank you both for your replies. Im afraid the first suggestion isnt an option either as ive advised the tv licence people that i no longer require a licence as i dont watch tv or have anything at the property that i use to watch tv.
Please forgive my ignorance but i have xaiomi redmi note 4 and it does have a headphone socket so what cable would i need to connect my phone upto the hifi unit given that my phones tariff has 6GB with it

Looking at an online manual for the Technics it indicates it has an auxiliary input so you could buy a cheap DAB radio with an auxiliary output such as this one for £45. However, for £80 you can get an all in one unit with DAB, FM, CD Player and built in stereo speakers!
81LeHQ-KVXL._SL1500_.jpg

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thank you both for your replies. Im afraid the first suggestion isnt an option either as ive advised the tv licence people that i no longer require a licence as i dont watch tv or have anything at the property that i use to watch tv.
Please forgive my ignorance but i have xaiomi redmi note 4 and it does have a headphone socket so what cable would i need to connect my phone upto the hifi unit given that my phones tariff has 6GB with it
Depends what connection the stereo has for input. It will either be 2 RCA inputs in which case.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PCSL®-3-5m...-bin:1055633031&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

Or it might possibly be a 3.5mm jack input in which case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Syncwire-S...m+to+3.5mm&dpPl=1&dpID=41N4h3Gp+sL&ref=plSrch

Both links are just examples and not necessarily recommendations, I'm in Spain at the moment so Amazon is giving me strange results because of my Spanish IP address.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Sziasztok,

Örökölök egy régi technikás SC-HD301 különálló hifi rendszert erősítővel, FM tunerrel, CD és kazettás lejátszóval, de nincs DAB része
Lehetséges-e vásárolni egy DAB-alkatrészt, hogy csatlakoztathassam és ezzel a rendszerrel használhassam

Bármilyen segítséget vagy tanácsot nagyra értékelnénk

Üdvözlettel Mark
Szia. Meg van még a torony? Ez a deprez műszeres?

Szia. Meg van még a torony? Ez a deprez műszeres?
Welcome to the Forum.

AVForums is UK based and as such uses the English language. Could you please use Google translate in future.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom