Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Technics A10 - What's one of these worth ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ekko Star, May 9, 2003.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    I know this machine is now a bit long in the tooth but I'm being offered an unused one. Seems like a very well built machine.

Any ideas as to what's a fair price for it nowadays? It is new and unused.

:smoke:

2. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bud, not sure what a new one would cost now because you do not see them for sale new any more but for what its worth i have a A10 connected to my denon A1se just for dvd audio and it sounds S--t hot and it sound pretty good with cds too but the video side of player is nothing to write home about. When the player was new out it retailed at £900 , i bought mine for £320 from techtronics and have been very happy with it for dvd audio and i compared it with my mates pioneer 656 mine knocks spots off his with dvda and cds. If you decide you dont want to buy the a10 yourself let me know because my mate wants to buy one and ditch his 656 but he cannot find a new one anywere.

Hope this helps.

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Nice one m8, been offered it for £300. Considering what that can buy nowadays at first I thought it was a bit steep.

However, I took the machine earlier today on the premise that if I liked it I would keep it. Opened it up and was well impressed with the build quality, set it up & switched it on. Wow, it looks beautiful with those soft blue lights !

Wasn't worried about being non progressive as it is going to be a workhorse for the telly set ups that I have.

Very impressed with the machine. Piccy quality is easily as good as my Sony NS900 & I will give the audio a good going over as well. They simply just don't make 'em like they used to.:D

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably based on a Panasonic, so it's free of the Chroma Bug.

I would put tape over the blue bits though - my player has a very bright blue DD logo. :)

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Yes, based on a Panasonic/Matsu****a.

Suppose it's a matter of taste but the blue lighting either side of the tray really sets off the machine. The DD logo on this machine is red ??? Which machine have you got m8?:confused:

6. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not your A10, another make. Don't mind red LED's, but blue is too piercing.

7. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Not that the looks make the machine....but this one is defo a nice looker.

Watching LOTR Twin Towers pure NTSC on it now and it sure produces a lovely colour rich pic, sharp edges with deep blacks. Beats the NS900 hands down. It's not quite as good as the SD900 though, but I wasn't expecting it to be up to that level. Still very impressive though.:D