Technics 1500c amp and speaker pairing help

Scott97

Novice Member
So I bought my first turntable last week and despite only playing it on rubbish speakers I am absolutely in love with the aesthetic, collecting records, record shops and all in all sound.

Come September, I will be buying an amp and speaker set that I can setup once a flat move is sorted.

Currently I'm wanting to buy:

Amp- JBL SA750
Speakers - B&W 706 S2

I can get both for around £2700 in total and having the streamer and amp together is a big reason I'm going for it.

What are people's thoughts? Not seen many reviews on the JBL SA750 but those that I've seen only have good things to say. And speaker wise, the 706 S2 appear to be better than the usual KEF recommendations.

Ataripower

The JBL SA750 internals seem to be based on the Arcam Sa30 which is a fabulous amp.

If budget permits, have you considered pairing the 1500C with the technics su-g700 m2. They look and sound great together! You would need a separate streamer though.

Scott97

Novice Member
The JBL SA750 internals seem to be based on the Arcam Sa30 which is a fabulous amp.

If budget permits, have you considered pairing the 1500C with the technics su-g700 m2. They look and sound great together! You would need a separate streamer though.
Had a little look and yeh it looks gorgeous. Depending on where I am with the JBL come September that could well be the option I go for.

Quite lucky just now that I see a small handful of JBL SA750's sitting at £1500-£1700 just now but should that change the Technics SU-G700 m2 is top of the list. Thanks mate :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom