1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical problem with wind waker, has any one else had it?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by snake II, May 4, 2003.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    whilst playing zelda wind waker, i was in a tunnel passage( the first level trying to get out of jail) and i noticed heavy lines through link, i thought i was a minor glitch but i have seen this agian and agian when ever i play even when im in the ocean whats the problem? has any one else had this. havent tested to see if its the cube, as i was tooo excited to play zelda then any other title.

2. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean im having the same problems with Zelda and resident evil 0!

I thought that it was probably a dodgy scart lead or my TV but if your gettin it aswell then it seems that it is a real problem.

What TV are you using? Are you using the official RGB scart lead?

3. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yeah im using a panasonic tx21ck1 nicam stereo tv, i had no problems with lines at all, when i play the ps2 nothing, but after i sold my black cube to a mate to purcase the platinum one i noticed the lines with zelda, i havent tried out re:0 so i let you know, what tv u using? one other thing i aint using no rgb cable, im using the leads that came with the console.

4. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iv got a Sony wega 4:3 TV. The connection is an official RGB scart lead into the televisions RGB scart socket.

I notice this most when there is mist or fog on the screen or when there is a solid colour taking up all picture. I too have just bought a cube.

5. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I noticed it too, specially in Link's yellow hair on close-ups (diagonal lines). My GC is RGB connected via a multi-scart switch. If I connect it directly, the problem seems to be solved.

Anyway, I don't have this problem with the PS2 and Xbox, so I would say that the GC is a touch exigent about the quality of the video connection.

6. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no problems on resi evil 0 using an official scart and a black cube, could it be a problem with new build cubes?

7. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    i bought my cube on launch day and i have it connected to a sony 36fs76 - i get exactly the same prob, can't be the cube version then.

straaaaaaaaaaaaange, i just blamed the TV as its a pain in the ass anyways. I have the official scart lead too and i have a direct connection to AV 2 with no loop through etc.

8. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does your AV2 support RGB though? Must be said its an odd problem and since I don't have an RGB cable to test it I can't think of a reason why it would happen. It could very well be the Gamecube, see if a mate has one and try it out.

9. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    yeah av1 and av2 are RGB - av3 av4 av5 are svideo/composite.

I've also tried it on my 28ls60 - same problem.

Strange one this, though the game is so good i don't really care.

10. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed anew prob

There seems to be a distortion about an inch thick running the width of the screen! On resi evil 0 when there is mist on the screen this is very visible!