Technical problem with wind waker, has any one else had it?

snake II

Established Member
Reaction score
whilst playing zelda wind waker, i was in a tunnel passage( the first level trying to get out of jail) and i noticed heavy lines through link, i thought i was a minor glitch but i have seen this agian and agian when ever i play even when im in the ocean whats the problem? has any one else had this. havent tested to see if its the cube, as i was tooo excited to play zelda then any other title.

I know what you mean im having the same problems with Zelda and resident evil 0!

I thought that it was probably a dodgy scart lead or my TV but if your gettin it aswell then it seems that it is a real problem.

What TV are you using? Are you using the official RGB scart lead?

yeah im using a panasonic tx21ck1 nicam stereo tv, i had no problems with lines at all, when i play the ps2 nothing, but after i sold my black cube to a mate to purcase the platinum one i noticed the lines with zelda, i havent tried out re:0 so i let you know, what tv u using? one other thing i aint using no rgb cable, im using the leads that came with the console.

Iv got a Sony wega 4:3 TV. The connection is an official RGB scart lead into the televisions RGB scart socket.

I notice this most when there is mist or fog on the screen or when there is a solid colour taking up all picture. I too have just bought a cube.

I noticed it too, specially in Link's yellow hair on close-ups (diagonal lines). My GC is RGB connected via a multi-scart switch. If I connect it directly, the problem seems to be solved.

Anyway, I don't have this problem with the PS2 and Xbox, so I would say that the GC is a touch exigent about the quality of the video connection.

i bought my cube on launch day and i have it connected to a sony 36fs76 - i get exactly the same prob, can't be the cube version then.

straaaaaaaaaaaaange, i just blamed the TV as its a pain in the ass anyways. I have the official scart lead too and i have a direct connection to AV 2 with no loop through etc.

Does your AV2 support RGB though? Must be said its an odd problem and since I don't have an RGB cable to test it I can't think of a reason why it would happen. It could very well be the Gamecube, see if a mate has one and try it out.

yeah av1 and av2 are RGB - av3 av4 av5 are svideo/composite.

I've also tried it on my 28ls60 - same problem.

Strange one this, though the game is so good i don't really care.

Just noticed anew prob

There seems to be a distortion about an inch thick running the width of the screen! On resi evil 0 when there is mist on the screen this is very visible!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom