Technical Info - Outputs

Dave Jennings

Standard Member
I'm finding it impossible to find any meaning full information on the outputs available on the latest receiver box. Phoned Sky but its not on the scripts they reasd to you, its like bashing your head of a brick wall!!!!!

My wife is wanting to upgrade to Sky+ and as an existing customer I'll have to pay. My question is does the Sky+ HD box have any form of SD output on the back? I also feed a portable in the bedroom via the UHF output. It has on of those in-line remote control devices so you can change the Sky channel upstairs.

Is this supported on the Sky+ or Sky+ HD box? If not will I be forced in to multiroom and will I need the feed to the multiroom box rewiring?

One more, I've a Panasonic TX32PD30 Acuity TV (reluctant to change but the time is coming) Its got a component input that will do 480p, Does the Sky+ HD box drop down to this resolution.

Its a long time since I've had to change anything.....

llama

Novice Member
i think the TV will do 576P via Component, but, iirc the only boxes with component are the first Thomson ones.

You can feed the TV upstairs from the RF2 with full remote control and picure (mono sound) to the bedroom.

You can use a Scart cable to the Acuity, or get a new TV for HDMI.

Broadz

My question is does the Sky+ HD box have any form of SD output on the back? I also feed a portable in the bedroom via the UHF output. It has on of those in-line remote control devices so you can change the Sky channel upstairs.

Is this supported on the Sky+ or Sky+ HD box? If not will I be forced in to multiroom and will I need the feed to the multiroom box rewiring?
The Sky HD box supports all the same outputs that a Sky and Sky+ box supports - as well as the HDMI and digital coaxial audio output.

One more, I've a Panasonic TX32PD30 Acuity TV (reluctant to change but the time is coming) Its got a component input that will do 480p, Does the Sky+ HD box drop down to this resolution.

You won't get a Sky HD box with component output from Sky - they haven't been made for nearly two years. Whether you can get a scart to component converter to achieve what you want I don't know. But even the SD scart outputs on a Sky box are 576i.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom