Technical connection help needed please

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ant_j, Sep 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ant_j

ant_j

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Firstly, appologies if this is in the wrong forum, as ive posted elsewhere too

Equipment to connect;

ps3, philips lcd (42pf98321d) and home cinema receiver (philips lx9000r)

Ive just got the ps3 and connected it to the tv via hdmi and chose auto on the ps. The hdmi is also sending the audio, also auto set up, works like a charm.
    I then took a dig coax lead and connected the dig out of the tv to dig in on receiver and set up accordingly. I let my lad play a game in 5.1 thru the receiver for a while, awesome, and the tv vol was muted.
    A bit later we watched tv, turned ps3 off so simply changed channel and watched programmes in pro logic.
    Later still i turned ps3 on and changed channel to the ps3 one, but no sound thru receiver, yet when tv vol increased there was sound.

Has anyone come across this before? Admittedly i used a cheap (£6) dig co-ax lead, but strange that it did work before?
    The receiver does receive signal when the tv is on tho? Weired

2. honkydonky

honkydonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I would just output the sound from the PS3 to the receiver via an optical digital lead and miss out the TV
    Remeber to change the sound output to optical in the setting though

3. ant_j

ant_j

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Thats what my only option may be.
    The reason i wasnt going to do this is so that while im at work sound from the ps3 can be thru the tv speakers as my gf doesnt know how to turn the receiver on, also she gets quite annoyed with sound threr 5 speakers all the time:(