1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical advice on a Nokia 6230i required from someone in the know.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by mickrick, Sep 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I was issued witha 6230i in work yesterday. It appeared to be pretty good - at first!

Today, the ringing volume has started playing up. The ring tone starts very low and then gradually increases in volume. I have checked the profile (General) and it is set for "ringing" and not "ascending". I have checked all volume settings and they are all set to maximum. I had my bluetooth headset (Plantronic M2500) connected to it this morning and, thinking this may have caused the problem, I disconnected it. But the problem remains. I even tried resetting the phone to factory defaults, with no success.

I then rang vodafone CS on 191 but after getting the welcome message, I then started getting a load of static-like noise. This happened the next time I rang as well.

I am getting a bluetooth premium carkit fitted (free by work - RESULT!) on Wednesday and I really need the phone to be working properly before then. Does it sound stuffed, or can anyone suggest looking at some other resolutions.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Since you've tried all that, all I can suggest is a reset all settings to default

3. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Moving to Mobiles and PDA's

4. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My friend had the 6230 and it started doing the same thing, took it to Carphone warehouse who reckoned it was the software that had developed a glitch.

£30 later and the phone is back working perfectly and has the latest 6230 firmware on it and it now recognizes a 512mb card correctly which it did not do before.

I'm not saying this is the answer but it may be something for you to consider

5. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    If it's a work phone just throw it back at them and say fix it!

6. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Nah, it was a day old. I'll just get a brand new one.

7. RustyIdiot

RustyIdiot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have this phone and started seeing the same thing, I've read up on a load of other forums a couple of days ago and it's not an uncommon problem. A lot of people seemed to think it was to do with having your ringing volume set to 5 which automatically switches on the ascending ring-tone, however I only ever had my ring tone vol set to 4 so this didn't really answer my problem.

For me, simply turning the phone of and removing the battery for a min resolved the issue, altho I have a feeling it may come back. Time will tell - if it keeps happening I'll be taking it back to the shop and asking for a replacement.

Just as an FYI my firmware version is 3.40 (you can get this by typing *#0000# into your keypad) which seems to be a newer version than a lot of people who were having problems indicating that this issue hasn't been fixed lately. My phone was supplied from O2 who took 2 weeks longer than vodaphone to make the phone available because of "software problems." My friend who got his phone from Vodaphone 2 weeks before me has ver 3.30.

8. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just as an FYI my firmware version is 3.40 (you can get this by typing *#0000# into your keypad) which seems to be a newer version than a lot of people who were having problems indicating that this issue hasn't been fixed lately. My phone was supplied from O2 who took 2 weeks longer than vodaphone to make the phone available because of "software problems." My friend who got his phone from Vodaphone 2 weeks before me has ver 3.30.[/QUOTE]

I got my phone replaced with a brand new one a few days later. Yesterday the new phone started playing up again. One thing I have noticed is that I had the phone connected to my original handsfree car kit immediately prior to the problem happening. I used to have a 7250i and we (my colleagues and myself) we advised by Vodafone that the cradle for the 7250i would work with the 6230i. Now it seems it is a different fit and we have been advised not to use it anymore. As I originally stated, I got a bluetooth premium kit installed in my main car a couple of weeks ago and this works a treat.

I have the ringing volume set to 4. I have also switched it off and left the battery out for about 5 mins. Hoefully that will be enough to reset it.

Yeah, mine is 3.40 as well. Stupid Vodafone. Thanks for the info, man.

9. inda_loft

inda_loft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very unlucky. I have a 6230i v 3.40 and have no problems with it at all!!! I even dropped it in the bath and its fine, although the speaker buggered up i guess from the water but after a quick blast with the hair dryer its fine.