Techlink PANORAMA PM120 vs Sonorous ST120i

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by dhokes, Jul 24, 2018.

1. dhokes

dhokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I'm looking for a closed cabinet for my new TV (LG C8 55") and soundbar (currently the Sony HT-ZF9 is top of my list) and I've currently got these two on my shortlist.

1. Don't suppose anyone else has any of these cabinets and would recommend it?
    2. Out of the two, which one would you get?
    3. Are there any others I should consider?

2. mooface

mooface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I've got a Sonorous ST110. Not sure how it differs to the 120i which is half the price and seems like a bargain. All I can say is that Sonorous make extremely good furniture and I doubt you'd be disappointed with their Cabinet.

3. dhokes

dhokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    In comparison to the Panorama, the only negative I have of it (on paper) is that it has a greater height and depth.

4. mooface

mooface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Just think of the future - you may ditch the soundbar in favour of an AVR and speakers and the Panorama may not have the space for a full size receiver. I had this problem about 5 years ago.

5. dhokes

dhokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hmm. My 5 year plan is to stay in my current house that I've just moved into and I don't plan on getting a full AV receiver given the size of the room but it's something for me to consider.

I think the ST110 is just narrower. How do you open it? I can't see a lip on the front door. Also, is it heavy/easy to open?

6. mooface

mooface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    It has a push to open function which releases a magnetic catch. then pull from the side and let the soft open mechanism to kick in which will open it slowly

If the 120i doesn't even feature on the Sonorous website so it looks like it may be an exclusive line for Richer Sounds in the UK. If the size is the only difference and the construction is the same then £200 is a bargain as the ST110 is £349

And don't rule out going speakers in the future. It's amazing how quickly the upgrade bug kicks in. I started with a one-box solution 8 years ago but wasn't quite happy, I joined this site to learn about audio options and ive recently paid £2k+ for a pair of speakers. In fact, my advice would be to never come back to this site again and save yourself some money!!