• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Techlink OPOD (op80) glossy stand

tpr007

Prominent Member
Just received one of these from Amazon - lovely stand
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Opod-OP80W-...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1222857497&sr=8-2

However, the inside glass shelf is supposed to sit on 4 little plastic ledges. These have been supplied but the metal plug bit is too big for the holes!

Looking at the holes, the inside looks like it's supposed to house screws.

I called Techlink and they say they don't come with screws and the little metal plugs are all they come with.

Anyone else got one of these to see what fittings they have?

blue1159

Standard Member
Just received one of these from Amazon - lovely stand
Opod OP80R - LCD & Plasma TV Stand to 32" - Gloss Red: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

However, the inside glass shelf is supposed to sit on 4 little plastic ledges. These have been supplied but the metal plug bit is too big for the holes!

Looking at the holes, the inside looks like it's supposed to house screws.

I called Techlink and they say they don't come with screws and the little metal plugs are all they come with.

Anyone else got one of these to see what fittings they have?

sorry no, was thinking of one of these to put my av kit on rather than the telly (which is higher up the wall). i can see it curves so there isn't 80cm width flat to put things on, how much is there flat? 60cm?

let me know how u get on with the supports....

i really want one of these but 195 is a bit steep :(

pinkoboe

Standard Member
Does anyone have experience with this stand using a 37" set? The spec says it can take up to 60kg and is 800m wide. I'm looking at a Panasonic LCD which is ~25kg and 900 wide so by reckoning, that would be stable / look okay.

Member 398526

Established Member
Hi,

Yes that should be fine, the stand can easily take the weight although the TV will overhang slightly, just make sure the TV plinth is not wider than 800mm, although this is highly unlikely.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom