Techdigital.co.uk Has anybody used them?

buyshirts1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Im looking at buying an Al Jazeera sport Card with 8 channel Viaccess and they seem to selling it a decent bit cheaper than other retailers (£90 compared to £150) also i was looking at buying a Technomate box this was also a lot cheaper only £70.
Has anybody used them and are they ok?
Im thinking that if it looks to good to be true it probably isn't true

Im looking at buying an Al Jazeera sport Card with 8 channel Viaccess and they seem to selling it a decent bit cheaper than other retailers (£90 compared to £150) also i was looking at buying a Technomate box this was also a lot cheaper only £70.
Has anybody used them and are they ok?
Im thinking that if it looks to good to be true it probably isn't true

I bought a Irdeto CAM off them, it came quick and wasnt a copy, they were also a wee bit cheaper than most at the time. Thats all I got mate, but at least I shared! Lol:smashin:

P.S. My customer review of the CAM is still on the site! Lol

Last edited:
Thanks i see you got the Technomate 5402HD CI+ Super+ and use the Al Jazeera Sport is that a system you would recommend?

Thanks i see you got the Technomate 5402HD CI+ Super+ and use the Al Jazeera Sport is that a system you would recommend?

Yes mate its a cracking receiver, but its about £140-£150, so its a step up cash wise. The first couple of years I ran my JSC card in my Technomate 6800 HD+ it is also well capable or reading the card no probs and can be had cheaper these days second hand.

Do you have a dish in place? How much "on the cheap" are you playing it? Lol I repointed my dissused $ky Zone 2 dish at Hotbird for use with my Aljazeera Sport card for the first year and a bit.:smashin:

Techdigital are selling the Technomate 5400 Super CI for £70 in your opinion any reason why this wouldn't do a job for me?

Techdigital are selling the Technomate 5400 Super CI for £70 in your opinion any reason why this wouldn't do a job for me?

Not at all, it has a USB port I see, so all you would need to do is use a USB stick to flash it with the latest firmware, this will make the receivers card reader multicrypt (i.e. reads multiple encryption systems). Im selling my TM6800 HD+ if your intrested! Lol

Much cheapness: lol

PICT0441.jpg

I live in a block of flats and where before i had my own dish i now have to use the communial one. An engineer came and made sure i had access to Hotbird 13.0E so all these questions are trying to find out a not to costly/or complicated to see as much live football as possible.
It looks like technomate 5400 and the Al jazeera sport for £170 from techdigital will do the exact job for me.
As regarding the updating firmware as mentioned i start to get a little lost. I have updated firmware on router and the like and i can see from your previous post it will help with multiple encryption systems does this mean for instance if i were to update the firmware i could use a card which required Irdeto as well as Viaccess 4?

I live in a block of flats and where before i had my own dish i now have to use the communial one. An engineer came and made sure i had access to Hotbird 13.0E so all these questions are trying to find out a not to costly/or complicated to see as much live football as possible.
It looks like technomate 5400 and the Al jazeera sport for £170 from techdigital will do the exact job for me.
As regarding the updating firmware as mentioned i start to get a little lost. I have updated firmware on router and the like and i can see from your previous post it will help with multiple encryption systems does this mean for instance if i were to update the firmware i could use a card which required Irdeto as well as Viaccess 4?

Yes mate, once updated it will read Irdeto, Viaccess, Conax, Seca, Cryptoworks etc.:smashin:
People will guide you through it, folk on here are friendly and helpful like that, we were all beginners once..............a cant remember when though............:D

Cheers Ghostleader!:thumbsup:
You have been a real help.

No probs, I take it you live in England? I ask because theres been quite a few passing through here after having the same multi sat system (13E,28E) being installed in their flats. I havent heard of any housing association etc paying for such a setup up here.

Yes i live in London and i think because of the digital switch over they are supposed to supply some means of access to a tv signal whereas we had communal aerial. Also they want there blocks free from loads of dishes so they have installed 2 dishes 1 for the astra and they other for hotbird. So for some it is good but if you wanted the motorised large dish it wouldn't be great.

Also they want there blocks free from loads of dishes so they have installed 2 dishes 1 for the astra and they other for hotbird. So for some it is good but if you wanted the motorised large dish it wouldn't be great.

True, in a way its offering some element of choice, all be it very limited to someone who had a motorised system in place before.

Last edited:
I too have bought al jazeera cards from techdigital.
And also renewed them over the last 3 years. So can recomend them for those cards. Not had any problems with them. Plus they are a good price

I got my tring card through them. Great customer service from Mohammad but when the 3pm black out came they went very, very quiet to my emails!!

Tring no longer show 3pm games it says so on their website when you order card

In way of an answer to my own thread - I used them and they are good i ordered on friday and have all the stuff by tuesday on the website it day say one of the items would take a couple of days to source so it was bang on time. They were a lot cheaper than most people i would take advantage of this rather than be put off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom