Tech:Hitachi PD5000 and DVI input

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by AndyGeezer, Jun 3, 2004.

1. AndyGeezer

AndyGeezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Anybody else tried a Hitachi PD5K series plasma with a DVI input from a PC?? I can only get resolution 1024x768 max.

Yet from my Yamakawa DVD player I get 720p and 1080i over DVI, so I know it can handle the higher signals.

I wanted to test some transport streams Hi-Def (720p and 1080i) to see what the quality was like, to know whetever it is worth my investment to buy a JVC 30k/40k D-VHS deck which also outputs at 720p and 1080i.

Anybody got any ideas how I can force it to display 1080i?? The videocard in question is a Geforce 4 TI4400

Cheers

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    AFAIK no way. The PnP info is set to XGA, and it seems final. Processors like the iscan HD can send it 1024x1024, as they do not use PnP info. It can of course accept 1280x1024, but how it will scale this I have no idea, it gets complicated from there. I have tried powerstrip with ALIS panels, they give an 'out of range' message with all I've tried.