Tears Of The Sun

Tardis

Tears Of The Sun:

Has anyone seen this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it, a very good film. It certainly holds your attention.

I thought this film was better than Black Hawk Down, and was wondering what other members thoughts were?

General Skanky

I enjoyed it a lot too. Better than BHD? I wouldn't say that, but certainly different.

F

FoxyMulder

I enjoyed it more than Black Hawk Down but felt the last 15 minutes could have been different and i would have liked to have seen Candyman and Bruce having a one on one knife fight or at the very least a fight of some sort to make it more personal, outstanding sound and picture (( at least on my region 1 version ))

Dimmy

Banned
Saw it, hated it, wouldn't watch it again or recommend it :p.

Jeff

Saw it a few days ago, I bought it without knowing anything about it. I really liked it, best war movie I've seen for a while. :smashin:

Jeff

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
outstanding sound and picture (( at least on my region 1 version ))
Even better on R2 :p

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
its a good film,pretty tense in places too,the attack on the village by bruces men is a standout scene,

figlio

Standard Member
very nice movie.one of the best war movies I ever saw

F

FoxyMulder

It flopped, it came out just after the war in Iraq and i think the american public just were war weary and didn't go to see it.

Bonce

Standard Member
I thought the film was utterly abysmal. Character development was very limited and I found that didn't care for any of the characters or care what happened to them.
I actually fell asleep during the climactic battle at the end but just about managed to see it through to the end credits whereupon I took it out of the DVD player for it to never be watched again.

Nike

Call me shallow, but the casting of Monica Bellucci will ensure that this film gets a purchase & at least one viewing :)

Gary D

Distinguished Member
its not a bad film, but its politics are very iffy. certainly not Brucies finest hour and as for the best war film (well most of the war films released in the last couple of years have been woeful) thats very debateable. The best war "film" of recent years as to be Band Of Brothers (Windtalkers, We were soliders, Black Hawk down and Tears of the sun, are not fit to lick BOB's highly polished boots.)

Gary

Nobber22

Novice Member
Originally posted by Nike
the casting of Monica Bellucci
Yeah, but it was ridiculous how perfect her make-up was after trekking 36 hours through a filthy jungle in a rainstorm. :D

Reiner

Bought the DVD as a "risk-buy", it's an ok movie but nothing great IMHO. Not sure I will watch it again.

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Nobber22
Yeah, but it was ridiculous how perfect her make-up was after trekking 36 hours through a filthy jungle in a rainstorm. :D

She looked sweaty, nothing wrong with that:D

P

pauld

I thoroughly enjoyed this film, thought it was a really good story and much better than i expected it would be.:D