Team Ireland

Dony

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
And Ireland are off and running :clap: Well done Cian O'Connor (just hope this horse isn't a junkie like the last time :rolleyes:)

Now for a few boxing medals.

olympics.jpg

4 more medals guaranteed anyway. Hopefully a couple of gold. From now on the Olympic Council in Ireland should concentrate on boxing, equestrian, sailing. Forget about track and field the Caribbean have that sown up.

Well, Katie Taylor, that was incredible. Her fans were absolutely mad for it!

Brilliant from Katie - fair play, what a noise !! Now for another few with the lads !!...oh and well done Cian, fellow Meath man !!

There will be some parties in Bray tonight!

Wow! Edge if the seat stuff- well done Katie! Legend! Hopefully the lads can put in some good performances in the semis

Yea great stuff .. well done Katie .. Eagerly awaiting the lads now .. Come on Ireland ...

Well done to Nicola !! A great fight

Well done to JJ Nevin too. Shame about PaddyBarnes though.

Looks like we should put all our money into boxing!

Katie's fight was great, very nervy stuff. It was a close call but fair play to her, she deserved it.

Hard luck Paddy Barnes, 15-15! He lost 15-0 to that fighter before.

He gave it everything in the last round making up the 3 point deficit. I thought he'd done it.

@ RMCF - I think boxing is one of the only sports where money is spent. It's paid off as this is Ireland most successful Olympics ever.

Well done again to all the lads today.

Back to the spending, bar the boxing, I'd say that sailing might the only other thing really worth investing in. Seem to be a bit of talent there. Pity its not one of the glamour sports though.

Is spending money on track and field a waste? After all, there are so many great athletes from many many countries, will we ever compete again?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom