Team GB. because, there's no-one else to support?

Amph

Prominent Member
Reaction score
With the Olympics looming, let's give some attention to the Team GB.

I'm all for it because... Why not? A chance for our Isles' gifted youngsters to have a shot.

My pick from the Brazil friendly wound be the 2nd half keeper. Steele I think. Some amazing keeping.

Doing so well until this :D As for the Euros, if Team England and Wales get out of the groups that would be an achievement imo

not a bad start, Craig (shouldnt be there apparently) Bellamy gives us the lead

not a bad start, Craig (shouldnt be there apparently) Bellamy gives us the lead

He's definitely not good enough to be there. ;)

It's odd watching a match with no singing/chanting. Still, not too bad though Senegal don't really look like they offer much yet are still dangerous looking on the break.

Bellamy scores wherever he plays it's just Soundburst has a weird love affair with United players.

Lot's of people have that weird love affair.

My work colleague told me today that she doesn't like Pearce because he played to the crowds in picking this team. :facepalm: If not picking Beckham is succombing to presure then I'm an Essex born narcisist.

That fact that she (like too many others) have this love affair with Beckham has nothing to do with it... much. Before anyone starts defending Beckham, I have no problem with him as a footballer but I find it laughable at the number of rose tinted specs that were sold the day he got his hair cut for the first time. Had he been playing for a big team in a competitive (and comparable) league then I'd have no problem with the arguments for him.

Get in Japan see they beat Spain woohoo

Exactly Beckhams had it easy playing MLS whereas Bellamy has been playing in the most competitive league going.

He has also scored regularly every season so I've no idea why people don't rate him.

DrWise said:
Get in Japan see they beat Spain woohoo

Did you see the free kick from Ramirez for Uruguay was a peach.

I'd much rather spend 15 million on him than Allen especially when Shelvey & Aquilani can do the same job as Allen.

Did you see the free kick from Ramirez for Uruguay was a peach.

I'd much rather spend 15 million on him than Allen especially when Shelvey & Aquilani can do the same job as Allen.

Great free kick indeed. If he's like that all the time, I can see why you'd want him. As for Shelvey over Allen, not so sure. Watched the first half of the Liverpool/Roma match and whilst he was getting in good positions, he seemed to waste so many chances. Didn't see the second half. What's the chances that he scored Liverpools goal? :laugh:

Back to the Limpics, great game between Brazil and Egypt, with the latter currently coming back from 3-0 down to 3-2 with 15 mins to play. Oscar and Damiao look great in very different ways but both showing some real flair. (Can't wait for the PL to start with players like this coming in.)

Amph said:
Great free kick indeed. If he's like that all the time, I can see why you'd want him. As for Shelvey over Allen, not so sure. Watched the first half of the Liverpool/Roma match and whilst he was getting in good positions, he seemed to waste so many chances. Didn't see the second half. What's the chances that he scored Liverpools goal? :laugh:

Back to the Limpics, great game between Brazil and Egypt, with the latter currently coming back from 3-0 down to 3-2 with 15 mins to play. Oscar and Damiao look great in very different ways but both showing some real flair. (Can't wait for the PL to start with players like this coming in.)

Adam got the goal :eek:

I'm not saying Shelvey is better but I do think we need wingers more than central midfielders which we have plenty of.

I'm watching GB vs Senegal who certainly like getting stuck in and Bellamy shoulda had a penalty.

YNWA1892 said:

I'm not saying Shelvey is better but I do think we need wingers more than central midfielders which we have plenty of.

I'm watching GB vs Senegal who certainly like getting stuck in and Bellamy shoulda had a penalty.

Yeah. Senegal certainly like a tackle don't they.

Adam got it?! :confused: Almost as surprising.

Yeah that Bellamy Penalty shout was nailed on. How they didn't give that I'll never know.

Was watching the Brazil/Egypt game on BBC Sport on laptop and have to say the quality of the stream (in Fullscreen mode) was brilliant. Think I'm going to watch a lot of the Olympics on the laptop with the extras and stuff.

Edit: Oh dear, is it a case of us being screwed over by a poor reffing decision (and poor play by us)? Hope we don't let it ruin things for us. Still time for another goal (our way :lease:).

What is with us trying to hold out to win 1-0 it doesn't work!!!

We coulda nearly lost as well.

I watched the Uruguay game at work on my laptop and agree the quality was superb.

What is with us trying to hold out to win 1-0 it doesn't work!!!

We coulda nearly lost as well.

I watched the Uruguay game at work on my laptop and agree the quality was superb.

I'd have Ramsey on from the start for the next game. He opened up their defence a few times in the short spell he was on. Him, Bellamy and Giggs would link up well and I'd argue trying to fit Sinclair and Bertrand behaind him too for a bit more pace/flair.

Amph said:
I'd have Ramsey on from the start for the next game. He opened up their defence a few times in the short spell he was on. Him, Bellamy and Giggs would link up well and I'd argue trying to fit Sinclair and Bertrand behaind him too for a bit more pace/flair.

Ramsey was very good when he came on. I'm thinking maybe take Sturridge out and play Ramsey behind Bellamy & Giggs.

didnt see the point of playing rose over someone like sinclair tbh, everytime ive watched rose he's bee pretty terrible.

And this fella thinks Danny Rose is amazing too:D

Rose could be good, if he was consistent.

It's hard to get that when playing so infrequently though.

1-0 up and Craig "I should never have gone in beckhams place" Bellamy notches up an assist for giggs' goal

1-0 up and Craig "I should never have gone in beckhams place" Bellamy notches up an assist for giggs' goal

Bellamy has been very good in both games now i must say (not his biggest fan), although i think Beckham would have been just as good as well. :)

Spain are currently losing and would be knocked out if it stays that way :eek:...

3-1 now and Craig "I should write a public apology to David beckham for taking his place in the team" Bellamy created the second team GB goal

Been some surprises what with Spain losing and Uruguay.

I can't see past Brazil but you never know.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom