Team Fortress 2: Mann Versus Machine Thread (aka August 14th Worldwide Announcement)

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=443470705675388&id=227905127231948 said:
Game Informer AU

The Cover - So usually by now I would have uploaded the cover of the next issue. As it stands, the next issue's cover must remain a secret. It is part of a worldwide reveal that cannot be spoken about or shown until 4pm on the 14th of August. I have fought hard and have been unable to get any leeway on this and, as a result, the next issue will be going out a day later than usual. The good news, hopefully, will be the reveal itself. I apologise in advance for the frustration this delay may create and rest assured I am in discussions now with the publisher in question about how they are going to make it up to our subscribers. Still, we put more blood and sweat into this issue than any of the previous 32 and I am sure you will enjoy it: for now, let the countdown begin.

Couple of theories as to what it could be. With a massive TF2 update being the most likely. And by massive I mean a third team:-

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
No idea what game this is, but whoever created that video and took the time to look for all them clues has no life what-so-ever! I mean damn!

MajorGFX said:
No idea what game this is, but whoever created that video and took the time to look for all them clues has no life what-so-ever! I mean damn!

Seriously? Haha and it's team fortress 2

Ideal! :clap:

I Love Horde Modes! :D

Now we just been Dice to release there Dinosaur Horde Mode

Last edited:
This looks totes amazeballs :)

Nice, i look forward to this :thumbsup:

:laugh:

hZOy5.png

This does look very good fun. I just wish others would follow Valve and go back to supporting their games properly and for free.

This does look very good fun. I just wish others would follow Valve and go back to supporting their games properly and for free.

TF2 gets it right because of careful balancing ... something most other online games struggle with in my opinion! Limited weapons and classes ... works great. Only think I stopped playing because of repetitive maps :laugh:

TF2 gets it right because of careful balancing ... something most other online games struggle with in my opinion! Limited weapons and classes ... works great. Only think I stopped playing because of repetitive maps :laugh:
Play the right servers and there are loads of community maps

Last edited:
Play the right servers and there are loads of community maps

Agree - but I find the most consistently fun servers happen to be the "regular" maps ... the choke points are usually more entertaining than laborious, with a few exceptions (usually because of unbalanced teams or too many people as one class!).

Im Really looking forward to this... My leave starts today aswell! :clap:

any idea's when it goes Live?

I thought it was today, but I'm sure the servers will be busy for a few days ...

Day 1 : Machines

Team Fortress 2 - The Machines

ghgf.jpg

Gray Mann has built an unstoppable automaton army with a single purpose: to destroy all things Mann Co. Luckily for you, the majority of this robot legion is equipped with basic weaponry that could never level an entire building. Unluckily, they also have access to giant bombs, which they'd drag through hell if it meant dropping one in a Mann Co. bombhole. And it's up to you to stop them. And it's up to a small cadre of Special Robots to stop you from stopping the regular robots. Here's what we know about these

Day 2 : Mercs

Team Fortress 2 - The Mercs

gfhgf.jpg

When a robot kills a human, we erupt into a pleading mist of blood, meat particles and tears, which you can't really trade for anything. But when a robot dies, he explodes in a shower of money, which, during between-wave lulls, you can exchange at any Upgrade Station for weapon, item and ability upgrades

Here at Mann Co., we take care of our mercs. After you've completed your first mission, you will get, free of charge, one Mann Co.-brand canteen. It's equippable in your action slot and filled to the damn brim with life-giving air. If air's not your thing, these canteens can also be filled with a variety of power-ups at an Upgrade Station. All we ask for in return is your bravery, plus some of the money you might have found on the battlefield. Each canteen holds up to three single-use charges of the same type.

Day 3 : Bounty - Coming Tomorrow

Last edited:
This looks great, TF2 is my most played game in my Steam library. Really looking forward to this! Hopefully my TF2 will update tonight.

Still no news on Release time? :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom