1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teaching One For All 6

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by steev, Feb 28, 2003.

1. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've taught this remote the most used functions for my Acoustic Solutions 551 DVD, but I'm having problems teaching it the Pause button. I go though the standard routine, but when I hold down that button pointed at the OFA6 the DVD button flickers then eventually flashes once instead of the usual twice and the button doesn't work.

Have I filled up the available memory or something?

And another minor thing. I've set up the Home Theatre button so that I can control the DVD plus the volume on my receiver, but it only works if I press DVD, then the Home Theatre button. Doesn't seem quite right.

Apart from these niggles it's a great remote for the money. I hardly ever use the original remotes.

2. auldendunn

auldendunn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you tried phoning OFA for a code download for your DVD.
    If they have it, then the pause function and others will be available when you select DVD.

Agreed its a great remote :cool:

3. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose I should try that. I just assumed that a fairly obscure player like that may not have a code.

There's a few other things I've never worked out on it. When it's in Satellite mode (used for NTL cable) the RW, play, pause and FF buttons activate the VCR. I've had to use shifted learning to get some of the functions I needed.

A limitation of this sort of remote is how to assign button to obscure functions. I ended up using things like Auto for DVD audio mode and the 10+ for DVD info. Something like a Pronto would be nice, but they cost more than my DVD.

--
    Steve