Teac TN-175 or Sony PSLX310BT Turntable

chrisrodgers

Novice Member
Hi, I'm doing some research for my Dad as he wants a turntable to play his old records - and I'm actually looking to get it for him for his birthday coming up.

I'm looking for something entry-level and easy to use - no manual change of speed for example. The two I've come across are the Teac TN-175 and the Sony PSLX310BT which seem to be plug and play. Will be connecting to an existing amp and speakers.

There's about a £100 difference and I'm trying to understand if the Sony is worth the extra. There is obviously Bluetooth on the Sony which I could see him using, either connecting to his soundbar in the lounge or maybe, in the future, some wireless headphones.

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on the turntables or indeed whether there are any other recommendations.

Thanks

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you want a simple turntable with Bluetooth, then Audio Technica's AT-LP60X-BT. It has a built in phono stage which can be switch off when you choose to upgrade the sound with an external phono stage. You can also upgrade the styli to the AT91r from the stock AT3600L, so unlike the Sony you also have scope to create it better sound than it is when you first purchased it is something I don't think the Sony can offer with so much ease

chrisrodgers

Novice Member
If you want a simple turntable with Bluetooth, then Audio Technica's AT-LP60X-BT. It has a built in phono stage which can be switch off when you choose to upgrade the sound with an external phono stage. You can also upgrade the styli to the AT91r from the stock AT3600L, so unlike the Sony you also have scope to create it better sound than it is when you first purchased it is something I don't think the Sony can offer with so much ease
Thanks very much, I will take a look into that.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom