TEAC T-H300DAB Problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by WarChild007, Dec 30, 2008.

1. WarChild007

WarChild007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions.
    I have the TEAC T-H300DAB Mk1 and I've just come back from holiday, turned the radio on only to find it displays 'DAB Initialize, Please Wait' all the time.

Nothing works, it wont turn off, sleep or switch to FM/AM.

Any ideas what I should do? Tried unplugging it and turning back on but it just does the same thing each time.

Can it be reset or something?

Update:I've tried a factory reset but its still the same.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. WarChild007

WarChild007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any ideas?

3. podcake

podcake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there, I have the same radio as yourself. I too had this similar problem, I left the unit for a long period of time unused and came back to that same message that you have.

There is a very logical reason and a fairly easy fix to this that I found. Firstly, please tell me if i sound patronising, I find it difficult to aim descriptions like this. Basically the 'brain' of the radio will not work untill it has done its startup procedure. Unfortunately, in this unit the brain is what controls what par of the radio you are listening to. In the case of yourself, the radio is looking for a station to tune into when it starts up and ignoring what you, the user, it telling it to do, queueing those instructions up for later ( as far as i can tell).

I found my problem was fixed by the following procedure:

1) remove all ariels and turn the unit on at the wall
    2) put BOTH the DAB AND the FM ariels into the appropriate slots in the unit
    3) power the machine on

I have been warned that powering up certain radios without an ariel can so them no good, but it certainly seems to have sorted out my issue.

I do have to say that somebody had been at the back of mine and plugged in the incorrect ariel into the DAB slot and that was my main issue. make sure your ariel looks to have a good wire and connects well into the unit also.

hope that helps

CHRIS

PS: I spotted your post and thats what finally persuaded me to register, so thankyou :p

4. steveasub

steveasub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Warchild,
    did the posted solution work for you?
    Sadly it didn't for me!

I have the same unit (But a Mark 2) and a very similar problem occurred today.
    The DAB function did not operate when switched on, but was 'now tuning...' FM worked as normal, but DAB problem persisted.
    I checked all connections, tried again - same thing.
    So I left it like that for an hour, and eventually it just came back on and worked fine.
    Switch on and off - worked fine.
    Switched off for an hour - problem returned.
    So I reset to factory settings, then it indicated 'DAB please wait reinitializing' and it is now stuck with that message when in DAB mode, though FM still works OK.

Can anybody please help?

Steve

5. WarChild007

WarChild007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

No, never did get it sorted, just switched it back on now and it still says the same thing.

Did you get yours sorted?

Thanks