Teac Reference 600

pavs

Standard Member
Has anyone listened to the Reference 600 system? I'm looking to get something small but big in sound and detail.

Would this be a good option or not????

pavs

Standard Member
I'm aiming to play CDs and use the Ipod doc you can get with it. Musical taste is varied from acoustic/folk type stuff to classic rock such as Beatles, Stones etc. I'm wanting to get the best sound I can within a budget of around £1000 ish! Although What Hifi gave the system 5 stars I'm finding it ahrd to find a stockist to give it a listen in Shropshire/West midlands area.

Any pointers would be great!!

peritus

Banned
Having demo'd the TEAC alongside the Arcam Solo Mini and the Marantz CR603; for me the TEAC came last due to its soundstage being a bit dull and lifeless... :thumbsdow

The Marantz and Arcam walk all over the TEAC IMO; their soundstages being a lot better, more detailed and open. I found the TEAC too smooth and quiet at times (sounded very good at low volumes but when driven harder it just seemed to get lost); sounds odd I know but it just didnt seem to have the punch and depth of detail as the Arcam and Marantz had

Speakers I used were B&W 685's, M/A RX1's and Dali Mentor Menuets...

For your music, personally I'd give the Marantz a whirl before you make your decision. I've heard it with PMC GB1i's (which I'm getting in the New Year), Neat Motive 2's, M/A RX6's and the QUAD 21 & 22L2's and it sounded superb with all of them. It really is a cracking little system with bags of power to boot!

pavs

Standard Member
Thanks that's really useful and given me more food for thought before I decide. I've also had a quick demo of the Arcam Solo Neo, which sounded pretty good but nothing really jumped out.... I'll give the Marantz a go!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom