Teac MD-H500i output issues. Send help!!

SgtFudge94

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi whoever may help,
I have a Teac MD-500i minidisc deck, it switches on, accepts and ejects minidiscs, the display seems to work perfectly but for some reason it doesn't play through analog or optical outputs. Hoping I've just missed something or that it's an easy fix. Would be massively grateful for any help and advice.
I've included a couple of pics if they're needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_202304.jpg
    IMG_20200710_202304.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200710_202248.jpg
    IMG_20200710_202248.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 153
Can I ask what has changed in the system? If nothing, has a button pressed on the handset/remote control like "play mode". Also double check all the inputs to ensure that everything is is plugged into the right input/outputs

If you have a spare set of RCA phono leads, try them. If you have an amplifier which has a digital optical connection, try that to see if the device outputs anything at all

If nothing has changed and the sound has just stopped, it will be one of two things. It's either broken or a button has been pressed (on the Unit itself or remote control) and with the exception of the play mode, I cannot see anything obvious (although manuals seem to be a bit thin on the ground to really find out if a button being pressed can result in that effect)

Hi whoever may help,
I have a Teac MD-500i minidisc deck, it switches on, accepts and ejects minidiscs, the display seems to work perfectly but for some reason it doesn't play through analog or optical

Does the display show the elapsed time changing...is the disc actually spinning?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom