1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teac Legacy 800 sub-woofer connection difficulties.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by tedfisk, May 25, 2005.

1. tedfisk

tedfisk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

What I am about to ask will probably explain my lack of contribution on this site thus far (I haven't got a clue what I'm doing!):

I am now the owner of the Teac Legacy 800 Home Theatre kit - bought from Richer Sounds - and I have had no success in getting the sub-woofer to output any kind of signal/tone.

The only cable in the entire kit which appeared to be used to connect the sub to the amp is a sinle connection at both ends; the amp has one connection ok but the sub has two connections? Richer Sounds' assistant said as long as I connected the amp out to the sub in (either L or R - didn't matter) it should work. The test tone puts out a sound on all the other 5 speakers but is silent when the sub is meant to be active. I've set the sub as 'on' using the amp menus and am testing in 5.1 surround.

I have checked the power switch by the mains feed is on and that the 3 way switch (off/auto/on) is also set to 'on'. There is another switch which changes the (degrees?) from 0 to 180 - I've tried it on both settings but with no success at all.

The kit overall seems decent but the instructions are poor, particularly for a novice, and the speaker cables provided do not indicate which feed is + and which is -, so after I get the sub working I have to uproot the speaker cables and trace from end to end - not a pleasant task, I think.

Apologies for the length of this post but I wanted to ensure I got as much information pertinent to my problem in there as possible. I'd be really grateful if anyone can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

ted.

2. tedfisk

tedfisk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case anyone was going to respond to my query, it appears the amplifier unit is not functioning correctly, but the sub is fine.