1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teac Legacy 800 or Denon DHT550SD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MattyKHZ, Jan 15, 2005.

1. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    After buying my parents the Denon AVF100 system a couple of years back, I have been keeping an eye on something for myself.

The Teac Legacy 800 system always caught my eye as the system to beat of similar spec. Now that Richer Sounds are offering it at £599 inc the speakers, have been tempted to buy.

Looking at the Denon DHT550SD system, can get this for £549 inc speakers. Spec seems to be better yet the Teac was £1300 when it first came out.

Thinking the Denon is a better system as progressive on PAL and NTSC where as the Teac is on NTSC progressive scan. Also the Denon seems to have 6.1 against the Teacs 5.1. I think I am correct in thinking there are 6 channels on the amp so an extra satellite speaker can be purchased for the Denon.

Would welcome any advice. Teac should come with the LCD programmable remote but I don't want to be going for style over substance.

I want to get a two box system as do not like the idea of everything being cramped in one box with the whole lot needing to be replaced if somthing goes wrong. I have seen the DHT500SD but don't like the fact that its one box, the speaker connections and unpowered sub.

So Teac Legacy 800 or Denon DHT550SD?

2. Strobe

Strobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +592
    I would go for the Denon, their all-in-one's are well received. Also, the Denon has full width separate receiver and dvd player, making future upgrades of either component easier from the aesthetic perspective.

3. happyjolly

happyjolly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got one, it sounds and looks awesome! Unless your room is really big, going for anything else is simply overkill... everything I listen to on the Denon sounds better

4. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    iv got the teac its great