teac LCD and Samsung home cinema

rbartlett

chaps just bought a s/h Samsung ht-x30 home cinema system which i have connected a teac T19 l1638 LCD for kitchen use

Connected via the HDMI cable as

Two issues

1 I cannot get the Samsung to play sound from the TV and not sure which function it needs to be connected up to as it didn't work via Scart scart lead I tried either

2 is there a code Samsung samsung remote so I can do away with the teac one
tia

richard

davepuma

Distinguished Member
You will need to connect the TV to the home cinema using an audio cable that is common between the two.
a. what audio outputs does the TV have?
b. what audio inputs does the home cinema have?

As for codes, check with Samsung.

rbartlett

You will need to connect the TV to the home cinema using an audio cable that is common between the two.
a. what audio outputs does the TV have?
b. what audio inputs does the home cinema have?

As for codes, check with Samsung.

Sorry for the late reply I have been tied up with the Olympics

I have attached a pic of the Tv and here is the reciever

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200703/20070316145717015_X30_TX35_GB.pdf

The last unit I had (Denonworked ok till it blew up) but I can get everything else except sound from the TV to play through the home cinema speakers...:-(

Any help much apreciated

Richard

Attachments

• tv010.jpg
    tv010.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 183

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I can't make out the connections on the TV from your link as the writing is too small. Does it have analogue audio output i.e. red/white phono? I can see an analogue audio input next to the component video input but you need an output.

Does it have a digital audio/spdif output? Your home cinema has an optical input so ideally you're looking for an optical out but if it has digi-coax you could get a converter.

Last edited:

rbartlett

I can't make out the connections on the TV from your link as the writing is too small. Does it have analogue audio output i.e. red/white phono? I can see an analogue audio input next to the component video input but you need an output.

Does it have a digital audio/spdif output? Your home cinema has an optical input so ideally you're looking for an optical out but if it has digi-coax you could get a converter.

Hi

I have attached a larger picture. As I say the last unit I had was a denon and that worked via the scart lead so I'm a bit confused

Thanks again

Richard

Attachments

• tv enlarged.JPG
    tv enlarged.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 115

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom