1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teac DV15

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ed Selley, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,145
    Teac's (UK) website states this beastie is a universal with PAL prog and DVI output. It is also part of the Teac range that you could beat someone to death with and cause no damge to the casework.

And yet it has never been reviewed and no UK dealer I could find owns up to selling it :confused:. Given how well the DV50 has gone down, I'm a bit puzzled. Now of you 26,000 members (many of whom are of course abroad) does anybody own one or know anything about it? On paper, it looks like a very tidy solution to what I'm after.
    TIA

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,145
    I shall infer from a weekend of no replies that nobody has taken the plunge with this unit then? Leaves me in a quandry as to whether to try and find more out or just buy a Marantz DV8400.

3. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tons,
    I would be interested in what you find out
    Regards
    John

4. LFO Junkie

LFO Junkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've sent my DV50s in for repair and the local distributor has lent me the DV-15 in its place. If you're using it strictly as a DVD player it's very good but for anything else I'd be looking for something else.