Tea at the Ritz

humanfish

Prominent Member
Reaction score
It's my Mums 60th in April so i thought i spend a bit more then usual, and it turned out to be quite a bit more :eek: lol

I thought i'd buy one of those West End shows and a night in a hotel packages to see Jersey Boys off of lastminute.com and then for the Sunday before they head back i have booked tea at the Ritz for 11.30am. A bit early but it's the only slot they had, even this far out!!

Anyone had any experience of doing either of these 'days out'? Would be particulary interested in any experiences of the Ritz. It says on the website that a jacket and tie is to be worn at all times :rolleyes: lol

Should hopefully be a nice night out and morning for me old ma and pa. They'll have to buy their own dinner though :smashin:

No one has experience the Ritz then :facepalm: fair do's

I bet you could buy her 1,000 custard creams for the price you'll pay for a cup of tea and some cucumber sandwiches at that place.

My brother took his wife last year ,said, as a treat it was very nice :)

My local news paper often runs full page adds on London theatre trips by coach with one nights accommodation,amazes me at the distance between theatre and hotel (most hotels being in Luton :eek:)

My brother took his wife last year ,said, as a treat it was very nice :)

My local news paper often runs full page adds on London theatre trips by coach with one nights accommodation,amazes me at the distance between theatre and hotel (most hotels being in Luton :eek:)

Not run by Ryanair are they ;)

Hi there I have been twice, once for afternoon tea and once for lunch (both presents for xmas from friends!). Very enjoyable and worth the outlay if you want something different, yes you have to wear a jacket and tie and they will not let you in wearing trainers etc. However this is the dress code for the occasion and everyone there looks smart and only contributes to the atmosphere.

The food is very good and will fill your stomach, unlike many places I have been, the waiters look after you and you will not want for anything. The atmosphere is very plush and old school almost like being in a victorian gentlemans club!

I would recommend it to anyone as an enjoyable experience and would not hesitate to go again!

Hope this helps.

Thats great, thanks for that :thumbsup:
I was wondering whether it was one of those situation where you feel out ofplace or self conscious about being an 'oike' out for the day, but i guess most people there are there for the same reasons, as a gift or celebration.

Thanks for the info ;)

Springer makes it sound very inviting and not at all daunting.

It depends how much you're used to the lifestyle.

Not been to the Ritz in donkey's years (I try to avoid London) but it's definitely a collar, tie and suit occasion. Open neck shirts with suits may be alright for professional footballers and political leaders laughably supposing they look trendy, but there are some places that still retain certain standards, and the Ritz is one of them.

But beyond the dress code and normal good manners, it isn't remotely daunting. Just be yourself. Nobody will think you're an oik unless you're intentionally rude - and that applies to anyone, no matter how posh their accent. So unless you start clicking your fingers to attract the waiter's attention, you'll be fine. And if you're not sure what the 'correct form' for something is, just discretely ask. Nobody will think the less of you for it. But since in essence you're taking your mum for a nice cup of tea and a sit down, I really wouldn't worry!

Last edited:
Thats great, thanks for that :thumbsup:
I was wondering whether it was one of those situation where you feel out ofplace or self conscious about being an 'oike' out for the day, but i guess most people there are there for the same reasons, as a gift or celebration.

Thanks for the info ;)

Yes you are correct, most of the people there are out for a special occasion and are no different to anyone else, treat it as you would going for a meal at a posh restaurant anywhere.

Just more smart than casual!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom