TDL studio 5

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JohnoDC85, Feb 12, 2009.

1. JohnoDC85

JohnoDC85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pair of TDL STUDIO 5's and a cambride audio A5 amp.
    The problem I have is that on the TDL's i have no idea which is High pass and loss pass i have four wires running to each speaker.
    An ideas on how to obtain a manual or how to wire up correctly???
    :lease:

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    Almost universally, the tweeter terminals are on top, and the woofer terminal are below.

If you are bi-wiring, it really doesn't matter as long as (+) goes to (+) and (-) goes to (-).

If you are bi-amping, it really doesn't matter unless one of the amps has significantly more power than the other. The high powered amp should go to the woofer. If the amps are the same size, and they are all receiving same signal, then it doesn't matter which amp goes where.

Though in practice, just for simplicity sake, you would most likely use matching channels for matching speakers. For example, if you are using the front channels plus channels 6 and 7 on an AV amp. I would put the main channels on the woofer, and channels 6 and 7 on the tweeters. Also, make sure you observe the correct left-right orientation. You don't want the left front channel on the left woofer, and the right rear channel on the left tweeter. Just common sense here.

Steve/bluewizard

3. JohnoDC85

JohnoDC85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice!!! :thumbsup:
    Will get it sorted tomorrow.