• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TDL Studio 10's (That bad?)

DPearson

Standard Member
My speakers are long overdue for an upgrade. I like the Monitor b4 floorstanders from richersounds.ie. The TDL Studio 10's are alot cheaper but ive heard good & bad things about them, unsure what to do.
I'm sure the HiFi snobs dont like them but can they really be that bad? They have to be an improvement on the fronts i have now. Richer Sounds sell good quality gear and give great service so i doubt they would carry such a bad product as the 10's are made out to be. It would sound like bad business to me. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
nowadays Richer Sounds stock plenty of stuff that is only mediocre in its performance......mainly because they've gone down the AV route as their main lineup.....they still do the stereo stuff obviously, but not as well as they used too.....

best thing to do is try and get to hear the speakers somehow to see what you think yourself.....

all i can say is the MA Bronze 4's are cracking speakers for the money, lots of power and gusto for both music and movies.....nice midbass too, treble is a bit unrefined compared to the MA Silver speakers, but then they are a notch up so you expect it......

how the B4's compare to the TDL's tho i dont know myself....sorry....

DPearson

Standard Member
Id love to demo both sets of speakers but cant. Im in Carlow, Ireland and they are in Belfast so its not really an option.
My wife is already saying im spending too much on AV stuff so thats why im looking at the 10's. Does the term "whipped" spring to mind? :rolleyes:

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
altho i havnt heard them, there is a good chance the offerings from Gale or Mission from Richer Sounds at the same sort of price as the TDL's will be worth their money for certain, its rare you get let down by them.......dunno about the TDL's at all, mebbe someone else will post at some point to offer their experience :)

Beobloke

Established Member
The Studio 10's are a lot of speaker for not much money. They are pleasant enough to listen to and i certainly didn't find them offensive or unpleasant in any way, but they really don't excel at anything in particular.
If you don't mind a big and fairly "safe" pair of speakers then by all means go for them, but you can do better for the money - certainly the new MS Avant 904i will wipe the floor with them!

DPearson

Standard Member
Just ordered a set of Monitor Audio Bronze 4 Floorstanders from Richer Sounds.They should arrive in a few days (hopefully). I was a little concerned that if i went for another brand, the tone would not match the centre.
Thanks all for the help.

Crisp_Rapper

Established Member
i've a pair of studio 10s, they're not running any nice cabling nor are they actually placed correctly in the room for best performance but i'm happy with them... i'd say they're more movie speakers than music speakers as they're not very subtle, last night i was watching blade2 (club scene) at a pretty high volume and the neighbour came around and asked me to turn them down as the bass was rattling his bed next door :eek:

they're not delicate, but for £150 they're more than good enough for my movie/game use.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom