• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TDL Nucleus KV1 problems

Elven

Standard Member
Hi all.

I have been given, a mint condition set of TDL Nucleus KV1 speakers, amazing quality in build, and lovely to look at however I have a problem.

I have a Marantz PM4000 amplifer, which is mated to my computer which houses a x-fi soundcard.

I have good low range sound, and decent mid range but the high range sound is pathetic.

Perhaps I have them wired in wrong or am missing something.... but it seems very down on what I was expecting... I notice their is a four wire configuration on the back with two gold plates connecting the top to the bottom. Without mucking around could someone tell me if their is something fundamentally obvious that I am missing.?

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
Disconnect the metal plates and plug the speaker cables into the top terminals only. If no sound comes out, then the tweeters are knackered.

Russell

Elven

Standard Member
Sorry, when the volume is a touch on the excessive their is noise from the left speaker.... but i have to turn the volume up rather high.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom