TCL QLED Setup

dr67

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have bought a TCL 75c815k recently. Its a Costco special.

Having a few issues. 1 - the soundbar / speakers occasionally makes a creaking/cracking sound. Kind of like when an older TV is switched on/off. 2 - Despite trying a few different settings, motion is still less than brilliant (sometimes horrible). This depends on the input quality, mostly from Sky Q. The worst is when watching Netflix app through Sky Q. Netflix via firestick generally better but motion still poor. Football on Sky Q in UHD is excellent.

I have an LG OLED too so I understand the TCL is a budget brand, however I'd like to hear from anyone else's experience of the TCL.

Any settings examples would be appreciated. Thanks

It's becoming evident from various posts in the Sky TV forum that Netflix via the Q box is not that great so it's not to be recommended.
Watch it via your Firestick or the Netflix app on your TV if it has it.

Yes you can watch Netflix and Disney + apps on the and section on the TV. Do seem to have a problem with the Netflix app as something it just switches off but after that it’s ok my question is have you been able to get atmos to work on the tv / sound bar

I’ve had one of these, 50 inches, for a few weeks now and although overwhelmed at the price for a QLED, £329, the picture was generally quite underwhelming compared to my 10-year-old Samsung that it replaced.

BUT, then I watched Skyfire on it and WOW! Using the Dynamic pre-set, the picture was amazing! And it was “only” a 1080p FHD source all be it played through an nVidia Shield with 4k upscaling turned up to the max… So, I know it can pump out an excellent picture but in my opinion, for everyday viewing, just not out of the box.

I’ve watched some HD content from Sky Q and had to stop to check out in the programme details whether it was actually HD or not (Taskmaster on C4). I guess, with all things digital, it very much depends on the source bandwidth.

Fortunately, over the last few days I’ve been watching The Masters so have had a pretty consistent broadcast to be able to fine tune the settings on my set. I’ve pretty much got it honed in to something I’m happy with now, here are my settings:

Picture Pre-set: Movie
Brightness: 80
Colour Saturation: 60
Brightness: 80
Contrast: 90
Black Level: 40
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Stretch: High
Dynamic Brightness: Brightness+
Local Contrast: Off
Gamma: -4
Colour Saturation: 60
Tint: 45
Colour Temperature: -2
Sharpness: 100
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Noise Reduction: Off
LED Motion Clear: Off
Colour Space: Auto

If I’ve not mentioned it above, I’ve left the setting at the default.

Also, one issue I am having with my set is a distracting kind of red shadowing around peoples mouths and nostrils, I have only noticed this on Sky Q transmissions so assume it’s a bandwidth issue as when I’m watching a movie through my shield the, file sizes can be pretty stonking, I have no such issue. I’m getting a new 4k AV Receiver in the coming days and am hoping that the built-in upscaling will help my Sky Q picture… fingers crossed.

I’d be interested to hear anybody else’s experiences and maybe some other settings to try to get the “perfect picture”, if not give my settings a go and see what you think.

Good Luck!

There's now a video on YouTube for this model where somebody has done a proper calibration, I've used those settings and am pretty happy with them

Hi on subject of tcl any info on how many sofware updates you get on tcl tv ..thank you :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom