TCL C935 Owners and Discussion Thread

Got my c935 75" on the wall today, calibrated with Calman... first impression: horrible😔 So bright, bad contrast.
Sounds very odd, who calibrated it? How on earth it can have bad contrast? Black level too high or too low? Tv has its bad points but those should not be them..

Got my c935 75" on the wall today, calibrated with Calman... first impression: horrible😔 So bright, bad contrast.
What are your brightness / contrast etc. settings etc. after calibration?

What would you guys have chosen TCL C935 or Samsung QE90A in a bright living room looking at hockey and soccer and just tv not so Mutch movies..
Looking to buy a 75” inch tv

The tv is now a bit better. Gaming Fortnite looks smashing. My problem now is that the light and the colour changes when I change between, for instance, different channels, and the Netflix start page have way to much light and colour. When I go to a movie, the colours and light are to dark. Strange. I'm a bit afraid of changing the setting since it has been Calman calibrated. Last time I got a tv, the lg g1 65, everything looked perfect after calibration. I didn't have to change one single thing. This time, with the c935, it does NOT.
Another thing, my soundbar, samsung n950, is not working. I was working before. I have connected it to the tv's earc port. But there is no connection. The tv doesn' recognize/ detect the soundbar. I'd be very thankful for any advice😊

Last edited:
Here are the SDR and HDR calibration rapports for my c935:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-205445_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127-205445_Drive.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Screenshot_20230127-205422_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127-205422_Drive.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Bright: sure, but in that case just lower the brightness
Bad contrast: doesn't sound like the C935 at all. Is local dimming set to "high"?

Also make sure that the picture settings haven't changed since the calibration. This TV is known to randomly reset picture settings

Here are the SDR and HDR calibration rapports for my c935:
Post-calibration figures in HDR look pretty good. In SDR mode - VERY BAD, though they were driven to lower values. Ask your seller\calibrator 'why so' and demand money back.

Anyone experiencing any problems with the remote? I'm only using the small remote and it seems to happen more often lately, that when I for example is tapping a few steps down in the menu and also volume now, then it sometimes start scrolling fast uncontrollable down a lot of steps instead and not just that one or two taps I did. It has also always handled the volume from my onkyo receiver annoyingly slow compared to all other remotes. Takes forever turning the volume up or down with the tcl remote.

Anyone experiencing any problems with the remote? I'm only using the small remote and it seems to happen more often lately, that when I for example is tapping a few steps down in the menu and also volume now, then it sometimes start scrolling fast uncontrollable down a lot of steps instead and not just that one or two taps I did. It has also always handled the volume from my onkyo receiver annoyingly slow compared to all other remotes. Takes forever turning the volume up or down with the tcl remote.
I don't recognise your other problems with the remote, but it also takes forever raising or lowering the volume of my Samsung soundbar with the TCL remote (I also only use the small one). Luckily the soundbar typically operates between volume levels 5-15 so not much adjustment is ever needed

Has anyone had experience with repairs carried out by Equinox on behalf of TCL UK ? got a mini led light in centre of screen which can be seen on certain coloured background, still waiting for them to arrange a repair.

Has anyone had experience with repairs carried out by Equinox on behalf of TCL UK ? got a mini led light in centre of screen which can be seen on certain coloured background, still waiting for them to arrange a repair.
Could you please post a picture?

Yup. I have a similar problem (but much worse, my TV is unusable, see pics).

Call Equinox and chase it up, the first person I spoke to wasn't the most friendly (but in fairness TCL didn't give me a reference number and it took a while to find me in their system), but everyone since then has been great to be honest, especially the onsite engineer. They replaced the power supply board and it didn't fix it.

TCL closed the issue and marked it as repaired lol, they're honestly woeful. I don't care how this TV performs against its competitors or what its price tag is, TCL are not geared up for the premium market segment and it really shows!

Attachments

• IMG_6634.jpeg
    IMG_6634.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_6633.jpeg
    IMG_6633.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 258
Yup. I have a similar problem (but much worse, my TV is unusable, see pics).

Call Equinox and chase it up, the first person I spoke to wasn't the most friendly (but in fairness TCL didn't give me a reference number and it took a while to find me in their system), but everyone since then has been great to be honest, especially the onsite engineer. They replaced the power supply board and it didn't fix it.

TCL closed the issue and marked it as repaired lol, they're honestly woeful. I don't care how this TV performs against its competitors or what its price tag is, TCL are not geared up for the premium market segment and it really shows!
Wow that's pretty bad, was it there from purchase or happened over time. I just hope this backlight mini led is not a common problem with these TVs. I have seen a lot of negative comments on Google regarding Equinox and the fact they tend to cause different problems every time they try to repair a TV

Wow that's pretty bad, was it there from purchase or happened over time. I just hope this backlight mini led is not a common problem with these TVs. I have seen a lot of negative comments on Google regarding Equinox and the fact they tend to cause different problems every time they try to repair a TV
Sort of, it worked ok over a few days, maybe 6 or 7 hours of usage. It started with the whole column under/over brightening (it was initially quite subtle, so I'm not sure when that happened), and then gradually decayed to where it is now. TV needs to have warmed to get to that point, and dropping the brightness down below 40 delays the onset (though its a lottery on whether the whole column misbehaves or not). That basically means I need to set my Apple TV to SDR though, because I can't control the brightness of HDR content.

Looking at yours again, I think we have different problems (yours looks like an individual miniLED, mine looks like whatever controls the dimming). Agreed though, I'm hoping it's not a wider problem (it's why I came here). I'm twisting to get this replaced now meeting a lot of resistance, and I'm thinking I might just take my money and run!

Can't really comment on Equinox, it hasn't got worse if that helps? 😂 The engineer who came out to me was OK though, sounds like they see a lot of TCL TVs though...

Hi how is the anti-glare on the 75” Tcl c935 ..? I have a very bright room whit big Windows so need tv that can handle reflextions very good.
And how is the c935 against Samsung Qn85a 75” and Sony x90k 75”..?

Hello Video/TV enthusiasts,

Harvey Normans Ireland have only received TCL 635K to C835K twice in the last 7 weeks and I'm still waiting on my ordered C935K since October 25th 2022.

Now I'm wondering should i wait for TCL QM8 (since the 8 series made it to stores in Ireland.) Note: the manager at Harvey Normans Limerick, Ireland didn't know they were selling the C935k till I asked. I also learnt it takes them 8-10 weeks to restock...but I believe TCL has increased production rates.

I am in a dilemma as to whether I should I still go for TCL at the end of 2023 for the QM8 or get a Samsung QD-OLED S95C/S90C soon in late Sping or Summer.
But I'm sick n tired of Samsung not supporting Dolby Vision for Netflix and as a current Samsung owner of NU8000 the content defaults to HDR. HDR+ is in minority only seen on Amazon Prime u can count content in ur hand for HDR+.

Question (1) if I can't get the C935k can Samsung S95C or S90C compensate with full BT.2020 coverage. QD-OLED has triple the colour brightness for real world scenes as appose LG G2 WRGB white brightness. I know the LG G3 has doubled the brightness but that's not enough to make noticeable difference..if 4x brightness then yes.

Question(2) does the Dolby vision on high end Tvs look better VS HDR when watching on Samsung S95B/C QD-OLED ie I watch Netflix and it defaults to HDR for Samsung?

Question(3) can I send DTS audio from Samsung S95B, S95C via eARC passthrough to my Soundbar...since the TV no longer decodes DTS audio?

Please help.

Hi, I just got a 50" TCL C635 and absolutely love it. Using it with a Series X.

Some questions:

* Is there any point or advantage to using Game Master? I don't care about low latency, VRR or any of that stuff, since I do mostly single player and mostly all the games are 60fps anyway.

* Should YCC 422 be on? Why would I want to keep it on anyway? To reduce colour banding? To have clearer whites? Not sure why it's there for someone using a 4K display capable of HDR10 and HDMI 2.1.

* I've kept ALLM on in the Xbox settings but not VRR as I want to use the TV's motion interpolation features to speed up fps in games like flight simulator (it runs at 30fps on the Series consoles). Any disadvantage to doing this? I don't care about lag. Sure, it's there but almost negligible.

* What is the best picture mode for gaming, in your opinion? I tend to use Game, which is what I used for tweaking my display via the xbox calibration app and then the HDR app. Great results but I do feel Vivid, Sports, and PC also offer their own unique advantages.

* Do I need to set the bit depth to 12-bit? I kind of obsess over colour banding/gradation as I got this TV especially to break free from color banding issues for good! I understand that even if you set the bit depth to 8bit, HDR games will automatically switch to 10 bit. So, any advantage to using 12-bit?

* I understand that DV uses 12-bit but no game natively supports that as yet. I don't use the TV for movies, just games - and I do not use DV as I didn't like it, Things looked blown out and oversaturated. I could see lots of gradation/colour banding. Just didn't like it. Maybe I need to revisit the HDR calibration app but that would throw off my settings for HDR10 which I've tweaked to perfection almost.

* Any advantage to using RGB Full color space? I noticed that it did not crush the blacks or overexpose the whites on this TV although in the xbox calib app where you see the white markers on both side of the spectrum, I could not see the blacks or white beyond that - perhaps, because I didn't bother re-calibrating my display after setting it to RGB full.

* This TV does only 1080p at 120hz.... well, I'm kinda disappointed but on the upside playing 30fps 4k games with 'frame acceleration' is great - it's all smooth and seamless as if they are running at 60fps... dream come true!

* Which one of the ports is 2.1 on this TV? It doesn't say on the back. I first tried port 3 (eARC), then tried port 1, and even tried port 2 I think. Didn't seem to make any difference at all.

* If I set the Xbox to anything other then uncompressed stereo, I get lag from the TV's speakers or the headset I connect using the headphone jack. So, I can't use Dolby Atmos for HT with the TV speakers, DTS or DD. Also, if I pair up BT earbuds with the TV, the lag is horrible. It's a second or longer I think.

* All in all, excellent TV for the money - if you fine people have some tips to help me get the most out of it for gaming, please feel free to share :)

Last edited:
^^Sorry - it seems I've posted this in the wrong thread. Moderators: can you please move this to the C635 discussion?

Thanks!

I have returned my Tcl c935 75". Not good enough. I am used to LG G1 65". It is one trillion times better in every way.

I have returned my Tcl c935 75". Not good enough. I am used to LG G1 65". It is one trillion times better in every way.
To be honest mate, the LG C1 is cream of the crop. Microsoft recommends it for the Series X/S and every other gamer wants to have their paws on it!

TCL is a great brand but it's for those who want quality gaming at a price. I got the c635 and love it. It took a lot of tweaking though as HDR in games out of the box was kinda terrible. Now it's fine although I can see trails and ghosting around bright objects when they move. Wonder what's causing it?

Anyway, hoping someone can answer the questions I posted above as apparently there's no thread for c635 owners

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom