TCL C935 Owners and Discussion Thread

Seems you have old software version v462 while the latest is 474 and can be downloaded from Telegram.
For general knowledge, does an upgrade will require me to reinstall all apps and setup from scratch?
Also, I purchased the TV couple of months ago. Will a manual upgrade from Telegram (as auto update says the TV is up to date), will void my warranty?

No , all apps will stay. Warranty will not be void. File is verified before installation so it`s the official TCL one. OTA have never worked, that`s why you can not see any new update.

Last edited:
Experienced another bug with my 75C935 that I don't think I have read about before:
I was watching a TV show on a local (Belgian) streaming platform when I noticed that the motion looked 'off', as if the motion smoothing was suddenly switched off (I usually have it turned on to levels 5 and 6 respectively (don't quite remember the names of the settings) with black frame insertion turned off).

To double check I watched a few motion handling test videos on Youtube while turning the motion smoothing setting on and off repeatedly - no changes visible in the video at all. Switching picture modes also had no effect at all on the motion smoothing effect.

After turning the TV off (long press power button on remote > turn off) and turning it back on, the motion setting worked correctly again.
Adding it to the bug list.
Looks like I managed to pinpoint this issue:
When switching to the PS5 input (HDMI 1), the TV automatically switches to game mode (motion smoothing turns off). Then, when returning to another input or internal app, the motion smoothing is broken and doesn't work anymore until rebooting the TV

I have a budget of 1000£ and i can get the 65c835k for 964£... Is it worth it to stretch it a bit and go for the 65c935k for 1089£? Im from guernsey so these are prices without VAT..

I have a budget of 1000£ and i can get the 65c835k for 964£... Is it worth it to stretch it a bit and go for the 65c935k for 1089£? Im from guernsey so these are prices without VAT..
Yeah, the C935 is the better option by far. Pay the extra and get the better model.

Yeah, the C935 is the better option by far. Pay the extra and get the better model.
What's the difference? I've also been considering the C835 but hard to find many reviews i trust or comparison's between the two.

What's the difference? I've also been considering the C835 but hard to find many reviews i trust or comparison's between the two.
It’s a better version overall, has better sound speakers built into the tv and has more local dimming zones for less blooming.
Also the C835 has an issue with coil whine that the C935 doesn’t have.

Hello😊I will now try the c935 75". Wondering about the necessety of calibrating from the shop. I costs 150$. Will I get a good picture/ intallations by following the instructions here in the forum? By the way; they're using Calman, with documenting.

Hello😊I will now try the c935 75". Wondering about the necessety of calibrating from the shop. I costs 150$. Will I get a good picture/ intallations by following the instructions here in the forum? By the way; they're using Calman, with documenting.
It would worth it if you could see the difference 'before' and 'after'. If they open TV in the shop and you aren't fully satisfied with its picture then let them calibrate.

I wouldn’t even bother getting this TV calibrated to be honest. It’s just a waste of money seeing as it’s a cheap budget low quality TV with a lot of issues.
Even if you were to get it calibrated you can’t control the bad yellowing in the panel that this TV has. It’s an actual panel issue and not something that can be fixed with software or calibration.

Its not really accurate picture wise too, I’m only noticing this now after ditching the C935 and going back to a Sony X90K, the difference in quality is night and day. Whites and blues look like they’re supposed to now and don’t have the awful discolouration that the TCL panel had. And using the built in streaming apps on the Sony, the skin tones look more natural now and not overbrightened and overblown like on the TCL.

If you’re going to be paying a good amount of money for a high quality OLED from a well known respected brand, then sure go ahead and pay for calibration. People don’t buy these cheaper brands like TCL and such to go and pay extra to get them calibrated usually.
You could pay and get it calibrated and then the thing dies on you in a few weeks / months and then you have to pay again to get the replaced one calibrated too. Or the other case is paying to get it calibrated and not being able to enjoy it because of the awful panel uniformity and dirty screen effect that these cheap brands are known for.
With me just after ditching the TCL and going back to the Sony, I can’t get over how bad the panel uniformity was on the TCL and how spotless the Sony panel is in comparison. The Sony panel isn’t perfect by any means, but in comparison to the TCL it’s immaculate!

Jeg ville ikke engang gidd å få denne TV-en kalibrert for å være ærlig. Det er bare bortkastet penger siden det er en billig lavkvalitets-TV med mange problemer.
Selv om du skulle få den kalibrert kan du ikke kontrollere den dårlige gulningen i panelet som denne TV-en har. Det er et faktisk panelproblem og ikke noe som kan fikses med programvare eller kalibrering.

Det er ikke helt nøyaktig bildemessig også, jeg merker dette først nå etter å ha droppet C935 og gått tilbake til en Sony X90K, forskjellen i kvalitet er natt og dag. Hvitt og blått ser ut som de skal nå og har ikke den forferdelige misfargingen som TCL-panelet hadde. Og ved å bruke de innebygde streaming-appene på Sony, ser hudtonene mer naturlige ut nå og ikke overlysende og overblåste som på TCL.

Hvis du kommer til å betale en god sum penger for en høykvalitets OLED fra et kjent, respektert merke, så fortsett og betalt for kalibrering. Folk kjøper ikke disse billigere merkene som TCL og slikt for å gå og betale ekstra for å få dem kalibrert vanligvis.
Du kan betale og få den kalibrert og så dør tingen på deg om noen uker/måneder og så må du betale igjen for å få den erstattede kalibrert også. Eller den andre saken betaler for å få den kalibrert og ikke være i stand til å nyte den på grunn av den forferdelige panelensartetheten og den skitne skjermeffekten som disse billige merkene er kjent for.
Med meg like etter å ha droppet TCL og gått tilbake til Sony, kan jeg ikke komme over hvor dårlig paneluniformiteten var på TCL og hvor plettfrie Sony-panelet er i sammenligning. Sony-panelet er på ingen måte perfekt, men i forhold til TCL er det ulastelig!

I wouldn’t even bother getting this TV calibrated to be honest. It’s just a waste of money seeing as it’s a cheap budget low quality TV with a lot of issues.
Even if you were to get it calibrated you can’t control the bad yellowing in the panel that this TV has. It’s an actual panel issue and not something that can be fixed with software or calibration.

Its not really accurate picture wise too, I’m only noticing this now after ditching the C935 and going back to a Sony X90K, the difference in quality is night and day. Whites and blues look like they’re supposed to now and don’t have the awful discolouration that the TCL panel had. And using the built in streaming apps on the Sony, the skin tones look more natural now and not overbrightened and overblown like on the TCL.

Hvis du kommer til å betale en god sum penger for en høykvalitets OLED fra et kjent, respektert merke, så fortsett og betal for kalibrering. Folk kjøper ikke disse billigere merkene som TCL og slikt for å gå og betale ekstra for å få dem kalibrert vanligvis.
Du kan betale og få den kalibrert og så dør tingen på deg om noen uker/måneder og så må du betale igjen for å få den erstattede kalibrert også. Eller den andre saken betaler for å få den kalibrert og ikke være i stand til å nyte den på grunn av den forferdelige panelensartetheten og den skitne skjermeffekten som disse billige merkene er kjent for.
Med meg like etter å ha droppet TCL og gått tilbake til Sony, kan jeg ikke komme over hvor dårlig paneluniformiteten var på TCL og hvor plettfrie Sony-panelet er i sammenligning. Sony-panelet er på ingen måte perfekt, men i forhold til TCL er det ulastelig!
Ok, that was really a lot of negativity. I will try it. And see what I get. If I dont like it, I will return it. By the way, I will get the calibrating for free. B Bobble, wasn't it you that told me that c935 75" is a good alternative to LG g1 65"?

Last edited:
Ok, that was really a lot of negativity. I will try it. And see what I get. If I dont like it, I will return it. By the way, I will get the calibrating for free. B Bobble, wasn't it you that told me that c935 75" is a good alternative to LG g1 65"?
Try it and see, you might like it. I did like the C935 overall, if it actually did what it was supposed to. The panel quality on the TCL was total bollox, and is shiiite on most of these TV’s, so the chances of getting one with a good panel are very slim.
I still would have kept the C935 for a while until something better camE along, but I had to stop using it because it was destroying my eyes and causing me massive eye strain that I never got from any other TV before. This has also happened to others on here that have this years TCL TV’s and they had to get rid of theirs too.

I don’t know if it was me who told you about the LG G1, I never had a G1. I did try a C1 for a little while, hated it and returned it. I’m not into OLED’s at all, way too dark for me and not into babying a TV either with its burn in risk.
If you did go for a LG G1 or G2, you would have a better chance of a good looking panel over the TCL where I’d bet any amount of money will come with a bad panel right out of the box. The TCL will be much brighter than the LG OLED though, so you have to figure out if your living area where the TV will be will be suitable for a bright TV or a dark one and go from there.

Let us know what do you think about it after you try it.. i am currently waiting for a 65c935k to arrive and i hope i dont regret my choice..

Let us know what do you think about it after you try it.. i am currently waiting for a 65c935k to arrive and i hope i dont regret my choice..
I got 65 inch model and I'm very happy with it, it has some software bugs but it doesn't have the same issues as 75 (yellow spot in the middle, bright line next to black bar). And at least for me there's no flickering issue and I'm sitting 120cm from it for few hours every day.

I got 65 inch model and I'm very happy with it, it has some software bugs but it doesn't have the same issues as 75 (yellow spot in the middle, bright line next to black bar). And at least for me there's no flickering issue and I'm sitting 120cm from it for few hours every day.
Well.. thats good to know... I do have a nvidia shield pro on my current non smart tv which the tcl will be replacing.. so i dont really care much if the software is bugged..

Sry I've meant settings software but it mainly bugs out when using pc or smart tv after using pc, smart tv itself is great, didnt have any issues.

There's visible dirty screen effect when watching football but it similar to other tvs

If you’re going to be paying a good amount of money for a high quality OLED from a well known respected brand, then sure go ahead and pay for calibration. People don’t buy these cheaper brands like TCL and such to go and pay extra to get them calibrated usually.
You could pay and get it calibrated and then the thing dies on you in a few weeks / months and then you have to pay again to get the replaced one calibrated too. Or the other case is paying to get it calibrated and not being able to enjoy it because of the awful panel uniformity and dirty screen effect that these cheap brands are known for.
With me just after ditching the TCL and going back to the Sony, I can’t get over how bad the panel uniformity was on the TCL and how spotless the Sony panel is in comparison. The Sony panel isn’t perfect by any means, but in comparison to the TCL it’s immaculate!
How is the Sony X90K compared to the TCL C935. Blooming, contrast, colors, sharpness

How is the Sony X90K compared to the TCL C935. Blooming, contrast, colors, sharpness
Nothing like it! I had the X90H and the X90K has the same contrast ratio. In fact it scores lower than the X90H on RTINGS. Blooming colours sharpness and contrast are significantly better on the C935. It's like I am watching bioluminescent colours compared to the Sony.

It’s a lot better than I expected. I was comping from an X90H which had terrible contrast and blooming, so I was expecting the X90K to be similar.
I was really suprised how much better the 90K is over the 90H. There’s so much more contrast and still some blooming, but you really have to look for it. The colour is more vibrant now compared to being totally washed out on the X90H.
It‘s obviously nowhere near as good as the C935, but still good all the same.
And the upscaling is night and day different compared to the TCL. I didn’t realise how bad the upscaling on the TCL was until I start watching lower quality content on the Sony again. The Sony knocks it out of the park, but that’s what Sony TV’s are known for anyway.
Also everything jury’s works out of the box. I’ve just sent it up, adjusted the settings to my taste and that’s it, no bad DSE on the panel, no crackling sound or settings changing, no light bar bug when watching content in widescreen format, nothing.
My only complaint about the X90K compared to the TCL is the sound is piss poor because of the weak little 30W speakers built into the TV compared to the TCL’s 60W speaker system, so you would need to add a soundbar to the TV.
Overall I’m really impressed, might even hold onto it for a while until the better TV’s come out later on in the year.
Nothing like it! I had the X90H and the X90K has the same contrast ratio. In fact it scores lower than the X90H on RTINGS. Blooming colours sharpness and contrast are significantly better on the C935. It's like I am watching bioluminescent colours compared to the Sony.
You’re talking bollox pal. I also had the X90H and the blooming and contrast on that TV were total shiiite. It had lots of blooming and no contrast, everything looked washed out.
You can see the comparison on RTINGS of the X90H and X90K contrast levels.
D88B0A61-59B3-4965-8CEC-84095ED59C5D.jpeg

Sony X90H Vs X90K Comparison

0BCCA70B-01B6-498C-A9C2-E05516DE7AD4.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a lot better than I expected. I was comping from an X90H which had terrible contrast and blooming, so I was expecting the X90K to be similar.
I was really suprised how much better the 90K is over the 90H. There’s so much more contrast and still some blooming, but you really have to look for it. The colour is more vibrant now compared to being totally washed out on the X90H.
It‘s obviously nowhere near as good as the C935, but still good all the same.
And the upscaling is night and day different compared to the TCL. I didn’t realise how bad the upscaling on the TCL was until I start watching lower quality content on the Sony again. The Sony knocks it out of the park, but that’s what Sony TV’s are known for anyway.
Also everything jury’s works out of the box. I’ve just sent it up, adjusted the settings to my taste and that’s it, no bad DSE on the panel, no crackling sound or settings changing, no light bar bug when watching content in widescreen format, nothing.
My only complaint about the X90K compared to the TCL is the sound is piss poor because of the weak little 30W speakers built into the TV compared to the TCL’s 60W speaker system, so you would need to add a soundbar to the TV.
Overall I’m really impressed, might even hold onto it for a while until the better TV’s come out later on in the year.

You’re talking bollox pal. I also had the X90H and the blooming and contrast on that TV were total shiiite. It had lots of blooming and no contrast, everything looked washed out.
You can see the comparison on RTINGS of the X90H and X90K contrast levels.
View attachment 1814285

Sony X90H Vs X90K Comparison
That's the new test of contrast they are doing. The TCL 6 series scores over 60000 on it and its the equivalent to the C835. Regardless, I've seen the X90K in the shop, not quite the upgrade I was looking for. For me the C935 has no issues but some minor. No DSE no sound issues.
The C935 is a direct worthy competitor to the QN90B and the X95K which costs twice as much.

That's the new test of contrast they are doing. The TCL 6 series scores over 60000 on it and its the equivalent to the C835. Regardless, I've seen the X90K in the shop, not quite the upgrade I was looking for. For me the C935 has no issues but some minor. No DSE no sound issues.
The C935 is a direct worthy competitor to the QN90B and the X95K which costs twice as much.
You can be right, test scores can be hit and miss sometimes compared to actual real life usage. And I can say without a doubt 100% that the X90K is so much better looking than the X90H.
For the whole time that I owned the X90H every time I looked at it I couldn’t get the awful washed out look and blooming out of my head, it annoyed me every time. Thats not an issue now on the X90K.

Glad you’re happy with your C935, I wish I could have been too with mine. But as you can see with others on here and elsewhere too, we weren’t so happy. “You get what you pay for” as the well knows saying goes. I’m going to try the X95K and probably stick with that for a while. I should have just gone with that in the first place instead of dicking around with all the returning of the C935’s due to bad panels and absolutely destroying my eyes over the last few months of owning it.

Insulting towards others (mild)
I’ve read the comparison and yes the two TV’s are similar of course, they’re the same model just with some yearly upgrades. The 90K has better colour and contrast than the 90H which is what I’ve said and I’m talking about in my comments above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! My experience with C835 is very similar. Upscaling and color banding handling sucks.

Got my c935 75" on the wall today, calibrated with Calman... first impression: horrible😔 So bright, bad contrast.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom