TCL C935 Owners and Discussion Thread

I doubt it. I think they did it intentionally for their own reason
It’s a 50/50 chance, so just have to wait and see. It wasn’t in the 2019, 2020, or 2021 models, just the 2022 model. Let’s see if they fix it.
Can’t see a reason why they’d intentionally have the bad flicker pattern when all other TV manufacturers don’t. Seems more like bad software optimisation / bug more than anything.

Last edited:
I turned off the google assis, but now the tv tells me all the time that its off. How to turn off the notifications?

Hi guys, anyone here have experience with the C935 in combination with a PS5 and an external sound system?

My setup is as follows:
PS5 -> C935 (HDMI 1)
Samsung Q990B -> C935 (HDMI 4 eARC)
All connected via HDMI 2.1 cables

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get multichannel PCM from my soundbar. I only seem to be able to get Stereo PCM (info display of Q990B).

C935 settings:
Audio output: ARC (already tried changed this to Auto but no effect)
Advanced settings -> Digital audio output: passthrough (already tried changing this to Auto & PCM but no effect)
eARC/HDMI 2.1 enabled
HDMI CEC enabled (already tried disabling this but no effect)

PS5 settings:
HDMI device type: AV receiver (already tried changing this to soundbar but no effect)
Number of channels: 7.1
Audio format: Linear PCM (already tried changing this to Dolby and DTS, which correctly carries over to the soundbar, but I'm trying to get multichannel PCM (uncompressed)

Q990B settings:
Channel: TV eARC
Adaptive sound mode (tried changing this to Standard & Surround but no effect)

When playing a Blu-ray of Jurassic Park (only Blu-ray I own) through the PS5, I get DTS-HD.

When playing audio from Netflix, Prime etc. from the TV's built in apps I get Dolby Atmos (if the movie supports it), as expected.

I already rebooted and power cycled all devices, and they are all on their most recent OTA firmware versions.

Could anyone help me out?

My soundbar Loewe will play automatically from the source: PCM Audio (i receive the sound on rears aswell), Dolby Atmos, DTS, Dolby surround
Mabye try to speak with sellers from Samsung who sell the TV and soundbar (eventually with tehnical supports)

My soundbar Loewe will play automatically from the source: PCM Audio (i receive the sound on rears aswell), Dolby Atmos, DTS, Dolby surround
Mabye try to speak with sellers from Samsung who sell the TV and soundbar (eventually with tehnical supports)
Multichannel PCM too? I only get stereo PCM from PS5 through TV to soundbar, no matter what I try.
I now set the PS5 to DTS instead of Linear PCM so now at least I get a surround signal, even though it's compressed

Well my soundbar its difference vs your soundbar. The best way to resolve your problem is to chat online with support Samsung or call them. Tho better to speak with tehnical and not with sales.
Mabye if you will have TV Samsung with that soundbar will work? Donno, i didnt have any Samsung and also no PS.

My settings on my 55C835 TCL

Audio output: ARC
Advanced settings -> Digital audio output: Auto
eARC/HDMI 2.1 enabled (with a good cable HDMI)
HDMI CEC enabled
DTS on

Well my soundbar its difference vs your soundbar. The best way to resolve your problem is to chat online with support Samsung or call them. Tho better to speak with tehnical and not with sales.
Mabye if you will have TV Samsung with that soundbar will work? Donno, i didnt have any Samsung and also no PS.

My settings on my 55C835 TCL

Audio output: ARC
Advanced settings -> Digital audio output: Auto
eARC/HDMI 2.1 enabled (with a good cable HDMI)
HDMI CEC enabled
DTS on
I think the C935 is the culprit as I've done some research and it seems like other people with the Q990B in combination with other TVs and PS5 are getting multichannel PCM without any issues

"combianation with oither TVs" : so any TV will normal will have that multichannel PCM Audio?
Well then to be sure you need to speak with Samsung (for example in Romania we can chat online or call)

"combianation with oither TVs" : so any TV will normal will have that multichannel PCM Audio?
Well then to be sure you need to speak with Samsung (for example in Romania we can chat online or call)
Any TV with eARC should support multichannel PCM. However not all do (apparently 2020 Samsung TVs also had an issue where they downmixed multichannel PCM to stereo, and I'm reading some reports from Hisense and older TCL TVs (C825) also having issues. I guess the C935 is one of them)

Well normal C835 its the same as C935
Only more zones but the proc its the same, everyting else its the same.

Well normal C835 its the same as C935
Only more zones but the proc its the same, everyting else its the same.

C825 though, I think that's last year's model

65 C935

After months if usage
1- Super slow/unresponsive after turning it on (for like 2-4 minutes)

2- The option to show the frame rate in the corner is not usable in some cases ( it doesn't show real frame rate ) Example: Playing Ragnarok, performance mode with VRR gives 77-90 FPS and the reading is good. When U switch to Fidelity/quality mode with VRR, it jumps between 60 and 120FPS

3- Turning off the HGiG enables the Dynamic Contrast right away, turning off Dynamic Contrast enables HGiG immediately. ( If I don't understand the concept and it should be like this, please explain )

4- Stretch Black level option still doesn't do anything ( I think it sometimes only creates a banding shadow however I am not sure )

5- The TV doesn't accept making an external Storage be used as main storage even though the option shows up! This is a deal breaker for me ( I used to transfer videos using Wi Fi direct to my old TV BOX which is super convenient )

I still don't know/ can't make the colors 95% accurate since I don't have any device to use which is disappointing, not being able to use the full potential.

Try to find some settings for C935 or buy some calibrated settings tho best is to come some on your home and calibrate it. Also you can buy the C835 calibrated from Viktor if you want. Youtube C835 calibrated and you will see his review and also the link to buy it if you want. Mabye all this will help you.

Try to find some settings for C935 or buy some calibrated settings tho best is to come some on your home and calibrate it. Also you can buy the C835 calibrated from Viktor if you want. Youtube C835 calibrated and you will see his review and also the link to buy it if you want. Mabye all this will help you.
Thanks

We don't have TV calibrator here

Copying settings doesn't always work but will try

65 C935

After months if usage

2- The option to show the frame rate in the corner is not usable in some cases ( it doesn't show real frame rate ) Example: Playing Ragnarok, performance mode with VRR gives 77-90 FPS and the reading is good. When U switch to Fidelity/quality mode with VRR, it jumps between 60 and 120FPS

3- Turning off the HGiG enables the Dynamic Contrast right away, turning off Dynamic Contrast enables HGiG immediately. ( If I don't understand the concept and it should be like this, please explain )

4- Stretch Black level option still doesn't do anything ( I think it sometimes only creates a banding shadow however I am not sure )

5- The TV doesn't accept making an external Storage be used as main storage even though the option shows up! This is a deal breaker for me ( I used to transfer videos using Wi Fi direct to my old TV BOX which is super convenient )

I still don't know/ can't make the colors 95% accurate since I don't have any device to use which is disappointing, not being able to use the full potential.
1. Did you install anything extra? I disabled quick start becuase i need to restart it sometimes when switching from pc to tv (flickering contrast scenes on sd quality), and it still launches in maybe 20 seconds and then 5-10 sec to work great

65 C935

After months if usage

I suffer none of these issues maybe you have a faulty unit?

hi, i just got the C835 today (couldnt find a 835 thread, so im trying here) and been tinkering with it.
Observations:
1. How do get a newer Firmware? LF1V438 is the one im running now, but OTA says its the newest.
2. Even with motionplus turned off, netflix looks glossy and motionplusish.. Hard to discribe, but looks its doing some smoothing thats for sure..
3. Is there a servicemenu on the TV, where i can clearly enable the input signal debug overlay?

hi, i just got the C835 today (couldnt find a 835 thread, so im trying here) and been tinkering with it.
Observations:
1. How do get a newer Firmware? LF1V438 is the one im running now, but OTA says its the newest.
2. Even with motionplus turned off, netflix looks glossy and motionplusish.. Hard to discribe, but looks its doing some smoothing thats for sure..
3. Is there a servicemenu on the TV, where i can clearly enable the input signal debug overlay?
next official update is scheduled for spring i guess, according to one of the review, and i think it's going to be major one (it was in a review for 935 but it has the same firmware).

If you want to update it yourself, newest version is 474 and you can download it from telegram, just look for tcl updates

I own a C935. The other day, I turned on the TV and was surprised to see a Google logo and an update process, asking for my consent, etc. The update completed shortly and everything looked OK.

However, since that update, in Settings>Picture, there is only one profile - Picture. There is no option to switch between profiles such as Movie, Sports, Imax, etc.

How can I get all my profiles back?

Can it be done without losing all the apps I installed and the settings/calibration I made for each picture profile?

-Software Version: V8-T615T03-LF1 V462.000346
-TV+ OS Version: V5.2.0 (V8-2206270-MF1 V520)

Android TV Model - Smart TV Pro
Android TV OS Version - 11
Android TV OS Build AR2101

Checking for updates - no updates found

I own a C935. The other day, I turned on the TV and was surprised to see a Google logo and an update process, asking for my consent, etc. The update completed shortly and everything looked OK.

However, since that update, in Settings>Picture, there is only one profile - Picture. There is no option to switch between profiles such as Movie, Sports, Imax, etc.

How can I get all my profiles back?

Can it be done without losing all the apps I installed and the settings/calibration I made for each picture profile?

-Software Version: V8-T615T03-LF1 V462.000346
-TV+ OS Version: V5.2.0 (V8-2206270-MF1 V520)

Android TV Model - Smart TV Pro
Android TV OS Version - 11
Android TV OS Build AR2101

Checking for updates - no updates found
Seems you have old software version v462 while the latest is 474 and can be downloaded from Telegram.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom