TCL C826…PC connection causes green & pink screen

Buzzcrow

I picked up a bargain TCL C826 from Costco, but when I hook up my desktop PC through an HDMI 2.0 lead, all I get is a green and pink (solarisation?) screen. I had no problem with connecting a PC to my old Sony KDL-55W829B. I have tried different HDMI leads and changing settings in Windows 10 and on the tv.

It took me months back in 2015 to look for a decent tv, and I was dreading that time-consuming effort this time around. So…. I just went into Costco and looked at a few televisions and saw a TCL C826 reduced from £830 to £469. It was the last one in store. Still messing around with settings, but, can’t find anything online about the C826 UK version or settings for this tv.

I blame the wife, to be honest, she wanted a new tv and left it up to me.
Why is all this looking for a television malarkey purely a man’s job anyway? :D:D

next010

Distinguished Member
Once possible cause is windows and GPU driver cannot correctly scan the displays edid (a table of resolutions and refresh rates). You could try booting another OS on the computer via USB to test this theory.

You can manually override windows edid scan via the CRU, but you may need two displays active so you can select the C826 in CRU on your working display. CRU does remember past displays but if it shows more than one entry then only the one which has the label (active) is the one your connected to.

In CRU under standard resolutions section try adding 1920x1080 16:9 60Hz then okay to exit and then run restart64 to apply changes, see if that gets you a working 1080p video signal on the TV.

If there is nothing latency sensitive on the PC (like games) you can transmit the PC desktop via wireless using Airparrot to chromecast receivers which if your TV is Google based it should have.

Buzzcrow

Once possible cause is windows and GPU driver cannot correctly scan the displays edid (a table of resolutions and refresh rates). You could try booting another OS on the computer via USB to test this theory.

You can manually override windows edid scan via the CRU, but you may need two displays active so you can select the C826 in CRU on your working display. CRU does remember past displays but if it shows more than one entry then only the one which has the label (active) is the one your connected to.

In CRU under standard resolutions section try adding 1920x1080 16:9 60Hz then okay to exit and then run restart64 to apply changes, see if that gets you a working 1080p video signal on the TV.

If there is nothing latency sensitive on the PC (like games) you can transmit the PC desktop via wireless using Airparrot to chromecast receivers which if your TV is Google based it should have.
Thanks for the info next010, I will give it a go...:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom