TCL C728K vs Sony H9005

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Like in the title: Which one in your opinion is better ?
TV will be used 50% ps5 gaming / 50 % Netflix
My criteria are simple:
4k 120hz
HDMI 2.1
HDR10+ ( not a deal breaker if not)
Low input lag
VRR (although Sony won't have it)

Sony is a bit older model but it's a decent TV.
Unfortunately there isn't many information about that specific model of TCL and I never had a contact with that brand neither.

I also did consider NANO906 but apparently IPS panel is a bad choice for movies.

I know there are far better TV's for my needs but unfortunately not in that budget.
TCL - £1299
Sony - £1349
LG - £1199

Also I'm in UK so prices and models are slightly different. Thanks for all your help

The TCL isn't 4k 120hz in the UK. Only 60Hz I believe. There is a thread on it somewhere.

No OLED? The CX would be a good buy depending what games you play and if you can still find one. The C1 prices will drop in November.

The TCL isn't 4k 120hz in the UK. Only 60Hz I believe. There is a thread on it somewhere.

No OLED? The CX would be a good buy depending what games you play and if you can still find one. The C1 prices will drop in November.
Apparently it is. At least that's what I think.

Oled is a bit scary for me with burning in issue. Especially for gaming with maps and logos in 1 place all the time.
Also it cost 3.5K at the minute so even if will drop then still will be way out of that price range.

I did use a search option but couldn't find anything ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-233040.png
    Screenshot_20210914-233040.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hang on, I'll find the thread for you.

Edit - NEWS: TCL reveals C82 Mini-LED and C72+ QLED TVs for Europe in 2021

There was mention the UK version wasn't the same as the European version. Have a read throguh that and see if you can make sense of it all.
Ohh thank you I've never seen that. Definitely Something dodgy about that missinformation. I know that hisense did something like this. They send here an alternative option for a high end model from USA, it supposed to be exactly the same and after some tests it turned out that it was a completely TV, waaay worse one so anything is possible really.
I'll stay with H9005 then 😅

I would. Better the devil you know!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom