TCL & Android apps in the UK

Quoreth

Novice Member
I have brought a TCL 32ES568 but cannot find any apps to watch UK TV programs. I cant find Freeview, All4, BBC Iplayer, prime TV, sky go etc. Are none of these supported? The only 2 I have that are recognizable are Netflix & Disney plus. I am thinking that I made a mistake buying this TV but there does seem to be a hype about Android TV's and the amount of apps out so am wondering if it is just a case of waiting for these apps to become available. So if anyone has any experince of these TV's and Apps and can either share some intel or point me in the right directioon then that would be great. Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

I dont think the problem is with Android TVs generally, it's more likely with TCL not being licensed for those apps.
Don't know a great deal about TCL, I know they have been selling TVs for a couple of years in the UK and were bigger in the US, I'd contact TCL for their answer.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Must confess I am not familiar with operation of Android TV but as am possibly going to buy a Sony with it I have to ask why one cannot just go to the Play store and download the missing apps?

[email protected]

Must confess I am not familiar with operation of Android TV but as am possibly going to buy a Sony with it I have to ask why one cannot just go to the Play store and download the missing apps?
With streaming apps the TVs may appear to be required for certification

Assume it's the same for other streaming apps. I doubt it's the same for all Android TVs but manufacturer specific.
If you know the model number of the Sony you're interested in, I'd assume it's be easy to check to see if there's an owner's thread in the Sony TV section on here.

Quoreth

Novice Member
Thanks for the response. I shall contact TCL direct and see what they have to say. I have found out that I can use chrome cast to cast the freeview channels, netflix, Amazon Prime and BT Sport to the TV. Not able to cast sky go but I think this is to do with SkY's T&C's. If I get a response from TCL I shall post back so others are aware.

I have brought a TCL 32ES568 but cannot find any apps to watch UK TV programs. I cant find Freeview, All4, BBC Iplayer, prime TV, sky go etc. Are none of these supported? The only 2 I have that are recognizable are Netflix & Disney plus. I am thinking that I made a mistake buying this TV but there does seem to be a hype about Android TV's and click the amount of apps out so am wondering if it is just a case of waiting for these apps to become available. So if anyone has any experince of these TV's and Apps and can either share some intel or point me in the right directioon then that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I think better is you should upgrade it again! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom