TCL 55C815K vs Hisense 55U8QFTUK for gaming only

camy252

Looking for a new TV to replace my Hisense A6200 which just died on me. I use this as a secondary PC monitor and mainly play games like No Mans Sky and Elite Dangerous (games with a lot of dark scenes essentially).

My budget and research has led me to these two TVs and I really cant decide between them because there isn't much information/feedback on their gaming performance.

Can anyone shed some light on which would be better for purely gaming?

Criteria:
  • [email protected]
  • Must be VA (QLED is fine)
  • 4:4:4 Chroma
  • UK based
  • Budget around £600-£700
  • Good motion handling and minimal ghosting in dark scenes
  • 50-55inches

Dodgexander

The Hisense is by far the better TV but has a problem with black smearing which is most visible when there's dark on top of light.

But really there's no competition between these two TVs, the Hisense is reduced a lot, the TCL is not. You need to look at other TVs with 120hz panels and local dimming + higher peak brightness to compare like for like with the Hisense...think Sony XH9505 or Samsung Q90T/Q95T...if you're gaming SDR only maybe the Sony XH9005.

camy252

The Hisense is by far the better TV but has a problem with black smearing which is most visible when there's dark on top of light.

But really there's no competition between these two TVs, the Hisense is reduced a lot, the TCL is not. You need to look at other TVs with 120hz panels and local dimming + higher peak brightness to compare like for like with the Hisense...think Sony XH9505 or Samsung Q90T/Q95T...if you're gaming SDR only maybe the Sony XH9005.
Guess that's my worry. The hisense is winning in all areas except the one that will affect me the most! Black smearing and ghosting during dark scenes! Given my main game is Elite Dangerous, that's a bit concern!

Dodgexander

Guess that's my worry. The hisense is winning in all areas except the one that will affect me the most! Black smearing and ghosting during dark scenes! Given my main game is Elite Dangerous, that's a bit concern!
Indeed, I own the H9G which is the North American counterpart, different TVs but share the ghosting issue. Its actually most apparent on peoples faces in movement..black smearing itself is there to a degree on all VA panels, its because the response times of VA panel tech are very slow when transitioning from black to lighter shades. The Hisense is very slow in this regard, possibly the worst I've seen...but its certainly something that's there on other TVs too.

At the moment pricing just puts it up against models that really are just crap TVs in every respect, some of the cheaper TVs you can buy for similar money will also have bad ghosting.

I'd give the U8G a go because it is a really good TV, Costco have good returns.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom