• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Taxi Driver (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 28/07/2013

Zavvi said:
Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - includes emboss and gloss on both title treatment and sunglasses. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

10795747-1365783449-738327-jpg.390839

Attachments

• 10795747-1365783449-738327.jpg
    10795747-1365783449-738327.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:

lee667

Distinguished Member
i'm guessing this will be the same transfer as the old amaray, which is a cracking transfer

rapta

I have the special edition amaray, if the artwork is excellent I will probably buy this and flog the other one...as I did with North By Northwest

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Sticking with the US digibook.

Yep +1. The digibook is an absolute beauty.
I may be tempted to double dip though but it will have to be stunning

gwyper

I was thinking about passing on the digibook as I may be able to get a £50 Zavvi voucher for £35 from a friend and was going to order a few from this run.

To be honest I'm happy sitting tight. I've got Jack Reacher and Finding Nemo coming, that shall do for now. I had a quick look at the digibook once again and I won't consider it anymore.

Hope it's a crap design :laugh:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
featherhall said:

Me too, love the digibook. Might be slightly tempted to double dip though...

snooloui

Distinguished Member
I really hope these are £9.99 and not £14.99 a piece though. If the former then I would gladly buy all of them (minus a couple I already own in Steelbook), if the later, then I think I may pre-order the one or two I most want. I can't afford to keep spending £200-£300 each month on Steelbooks like I was at the height of the Play.com madness.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
^^^^ yep me too.
I only have Pi and Django preorders in. Looks like zavvi are giing to be flying them out and I simply cant afford them all.
Before there was waves which was ok. Now its too many.
I think its only the odd ones for me now and the likes of taxi driver (if exceptional)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Yes it hasn't been too bad so far this year, but next month it gets out of control. The trouble starts when you have studios doing two or three waves each per year. You've got Fox with two waves already this year, then you've got Paramount with Indiana Jones films and a few catalogue titles dotted around and i'm sure they'll have more to come. It can't be long until Universal come back into the game too, I guess they're just trying to sort out who to sell their exclusives to. It really is a game of love and hate for me. On one hand I would quite like to take a break from collecting, on the other I know I would regret it massively if I missed out on a bunch of titles I really wanted.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Yes it hasn't been too bad so far this year, but next month it gets out of control. The trouble starts when you have studios doing two or three waves each per year. You've got Fox with two waves already this year, then you've got Paramount with Indiana Jones films and a few catalogue titles dotted around and i'm sure they'll have more to come. It can't be long until Universal come back into the game too, I guess they're just trying to sort out who to sell their exclusives to. It really is a game of love and hate for me. On one hand I would quite like to take a break from collecting, on the other I know I would regret it massively if I missed out on a bunch of titles I really wanted.

Interesting that zavvi have really dived headlong into this exclusives range whereas amazon seem a bit more circumspect - or are they just dragging their heels and letting zavvi steal a march on them?

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Maybe there's just not that much money to made or maybe Amazon believe they have bigger fish to fry and just leave this for the small guys. I'm sure they would've blown Play.com and Zavvi out of the water if they had wanted to.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Maybe there's just not that much money to made or maybe Amazon believe they have bigger fish to fry and just leave this for the small guys. I'm sure they would've blown Play.com and Zavvi out of the water if they had wanted to.

I did wonder if skyfall had given them cause to rethink what with the spine issues and the pricing.

two8tone

This will be my only definite buy from all the 2013 waves so far, my US digibook may have to go due to shelf space! Fingers crossed on the artwork...

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Was going to ask if there was any news on this today and as if by magic..

Looking good and will include embossing and gloss on the title and sunglasses, limited to 4,000 copies.

July 8th Release date.

Attachments

• taxidriver.jpg
    taxidriver.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

copperlewis

Not great is it, what's with the the phrases on his face as well, just random things that are included in the movie - doesn't work.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom