TAX / UTR Advice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BB3Lions, Feb 21, 2014.

1. BB3Lions

BB3Lions
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,539
    I have been contracting for a firm through my self employed UTR for a number of years and this year through the advice of the accountant he suggested i needed to now invoice using my Companies UTR to put more finances through the business, instead of 'me' personally.

The problem i have is the Co i contract for has refused to change there systems as its a 'lengthy process' and one they do not do.

Before i contact the accountant and receive an invoice for the luxury i was wondering if anyone knew how i could get around it?

Could i invoice 'me' from 'my company' therefore putting the money into the business then i can take Director Dividends?

2. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,243
    I would guess that your accountant meant more sales through your business. Director investment what you talk about is different. I don't see why it is so difficult for your client to accept an invoice for the same services with a different name on it? Unless it perhaps starts introducing 20% vat on top which may cause them an issue? People and companies change their name all the time. Something doesn't seem right.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Ultima

Ultima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    I would have thought the company would have wanted you to invoice them from your Limited Company instead of you personally to get rid of problems with employment/self-employment status.......if that is an issue for them, IR35/service company legislation would be for you.

4. BB3Lions

BB3Lions
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,539
    The Co I do contracting for state for them to go through the TAX office, check accounts of the business, change the banking payments etc is to much inconvenience. I could push it and suggest they need too, but they are/can be a right royal pain.

I will look into the IR35, just awaiting a response from the accountant as i emailed him over the weekend.

Appreciate the input as always.

5. Digital Tench

Digital Tench
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +906
    No offence Lions, but looking into your IR35 status after a number of years is a bit late. Fingers crossed this isn't going to be an expensive mistake.