Tax cuts lead to the richer paying more?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13294
  • Start date

BISHI

Suspended
I think the financial crisis focused much more scrutiny upon the practices of the banks and they seem to be regularly falling foul of it. They certainly have been irresponsible and immoral in many of their actions but this is a thread about rich people and tax, not bankers .!

Last edited:

IronGiant

It's becoming a bit like that Life of Brian sketch :) "What have the Bankers ever done us for?"

D

Deleted member 293381

You said:
"It costs taxpayers about £5 billion each year just to service the loans that the crisis incurred."

This is rubbish....

What - more rubbish? Don't tell me, tell the newspapers - that's where the information comes from.

Hold on, you said in another thread the media is a load of rubbish. It seems to me anything that doesn't fit into your view of the world is (to use your vernacular) 'rubbish'.

Anyway, I'm stopping now, before I get told off about this trivial bickering.

sidicks

Banned
What - more rubbish? Don't tell me, tell the newspapers - that's where the information comes from.

Hold on, you said in another thread the media is a load of rubbish. It seems to me anything that doesn't fit into your view of the world is (to use your vernacular) 'rubbish'.

Anyway, I'm stopping now, before I get told off about this trivial bickering.

So you honestly think that it costs the government £5bn p.a. to service circa £45bn of debt??

Did they borrow from a pay day lender or something???

Further, what about the fees paid for the debt to offset the interest charge?

So I guess what you should actually have said is:

Before any of the bailouts had been repaid, and ignoring any of the fees charged to the banks for those bailouts, the cost to the taxpayer was £5bn p.a.

Which is somewhat less useful / meaningful..

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom