ROSARIO DAWSON as Donna
JOHNNY KNOXVILLE as Ferris
JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT as Richie Nix

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/weblog/killshot_cast_finalized/

That is a GREAT cast!

JOHN MADDEN (Shakespeare In Love) will direct

Filming starts in early October!

Your thoughts?

Mickey Rourke, the Bernard Matthews of Sunset Boulevard.
Johnny Knoxville, rode into Hollywood on a shopping trolley.

With QT involved (to my mind it's ONLY the directors movie) anythings possible.

Suppose my first thought is whats it got to do with Tarantino ? Is he producing ?

Looks like a decent cast though and Elmore Leonard is a top writer with some great dialogue.

Yeah. Tarantino is producing and it will be overseen by him and released under the "Quetin Tarantino presents" banner like "HERO" and "SIN CITY".

Diane Lane and Mickey Rourke co-starred once before in Coppola's "RUMBLE FISH" over 22 years ago!

lee789 said:
Looks like a decent cast though and Elmore Leonard is a top writer with some great dialogue.

No one writes dialogue better than Leonard IMHO.

who cares this isn't really a Tarantino movie it is just a cash-in on his name to get people to see it. As far as I'm concerned it's a John Madden film.... doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?

west said:
who cares this isn't really a Tarantino movie it is just a cash-in on his name to get people to see it. As far as I'm concerned it's a John Madden film.... doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?

It still sounds like a cool movie to me. Cool book... Cool cast... SHOULD equal a good movie with luck.

MJeeves said:
It still sounds like a cool movie to me. Cool book... Cool cast... SHOULD equal a good movie with luck.
"Be Cool" sounded like a cool movie to follow up Get Shorty and how good was that :suicide:

If Tarantino is really making this movie why isn't he promoting it more? I love Tarantino movie but I get sick of all the BS that he feeds the media about this film and that that he is apparently going to make. Personally I wish he would shut up and grind out a few movies.

Edit: I should have read above before posting because Tarantino isn't directing this movie. I wish he would get his finger out and start directing more movies.

Check out the links...

He is heavily involved!

magicmushrooms said:
Edit: I should have read above before posting because Tarantino isn't directing this movie. I wish he would get his finger out and start directing more movies.

he is working on "grindhouse" with rodriguez which imho sounds great! an expolitation flick and a slasher flick interspersed with fake trailers as if u were watching it in a sleazy 70's NYC backalley theater, then seeing how the fake trailers fare they could be made into actual movies! it will probably go wrong somewhere and end up being split though!

pj said:
he is working on "grindhouse" with rodriguez which imho sounds great! an expolitation flick and a slasher flick interspersed with fake trailers as if u were watching it in a sleazy 70's NYC backalley theater, then seeing how the fake trailers fare they could be made into actual movies! it will probably go wrong somewhere and end up being split though!

Sounds cool!

He is currently now on the "KILLSHOT" set apparently.

pj said:

He was also supposed to be making inglorious bastards and a Mandarin language martial-arts flick. So until he actually starts filming I'll assume that Tarantino is just talking the talk as always

MJeeves said:
Sounds cool!

He is currently now on the "KILLSHOT" set apparently.
as producer which means absolutely nothing. A Tarantino film is directed by Tarantino not just produced. Perhaps if he had written the script then I would call that a Tarantino movie

magicmushrooms said:
as producer which means absolutely nothing. A Tarantino film is directed by Tarantino not just produced. Perhaps if he had written the script then I would call that a Tarantino movie

From what I understand... he is VERY involved in this film though. He has owned the rights for years and has had a lot of input into the script and casting and locations. I think he'll ensure that John Madden does it justice and does it right... in Tarantino style.:thumbsup:

John Madden? Doesn't he do America Football or something?

Seems like they dont know what to do with this movie, release date was postponed to October 20th 2006. 2 years on, no release date :rolleyes:

Thomas Jane (Wayne Colson, Killshot) says on his own forum that distributors are still looking for a release date, maybe '09.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed its allot better than the last rubbish Tarantino did ie Death proof and Planet Terror.

Fingers crossed its allot better than the last rubbish Tarantino did ie Death proof and Planet Terror.

The title is misleading, as they are using his name too plug the movie, he is/was producing. Directed by John Madden.

Planet Terror is class, and its based on a true story :lesson:

The title is misleading, as they are using his name too plug the movie, he is/was producing. Directed by John Madden.

Planet Terror is class, and its based on a true story :lesson:

:D @ the true story. You know I love em. ;)

So not strictly a QT movie then. I wish QT would return the greatness of pulp fiction and reservoir dogs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom