1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarantino 6 Disc Set 11.99!!!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by sh18, Oct 6, 2004.

1. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Just got this from play.com, its now 14.99 but i preordered it! :p
    The only complaint i have is that the reservoir dogs dvd is in a boring white dvd case insted of having the amzingly artistic and detailed cardbored sleeve version which i was expecting :( oh well ive put that one on ebay and have just oredered the cardboard version from cdwow for 7.99!!
    Im too picky!!!

2. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +386
    LOL, i swapped all the contents in the box for my 2 disc SE of each so i have the inlays and the nice cardboard RD box, much better now. And yes ebay for me too.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    So not an awful lot of point to this "Tarantino 6 Disc Set 11.99!!!" thread is there? :confused:

4. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I think the box that it comes in is a bit cheap, especially when compared to something as lavish as the Godfather box set, and I too was hoping for the card version of Reservoir Dogs, but nevermind. £11.99 - £2 a disc is pretty good in my books :D

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody else had their discs inserted in backwards before they were shrinkwrapped? Weird.

I agree that it's a fugly looking set. But, since I didn't have any of them yet, I couldn't pass it up.

6. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    my box was a bit damaged but i guess thats what happens when you order boxsets online, oh well it was a bargain, should be getting my good version of reservoir dogs soon.

7. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have to agree the box is crap, but if like me you got it for about 11 quid how can you complain. Just throw the bloody thing away, you still end up with three 2 disc films (good ones at that) at a bargain basement price, they could have wrapped it up in an old news paper and I would'nt have minded.

8. TCD

TCD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Tarantino box set for £11.99 from Play too.

I sold all the discs on ebay for pittance and threw away the packaging box as this was cheap and nasty.

I then purchased the 2 disc SE of each film at £8.99 and made my own Tarantino box cover! Ingenious hey!