• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tapping noise from back of LG nano cell TV 65NANO866NA

LGNANOTVOWNER

Standard Member
HI all,

I have my TV wall mounted and I get a tapping noise from the back of it every minute or so. It's relatively loud (compared to silent and no sound) and it sounds like a fingernail tap on a desk.

I get normal thermal expansion noises but this one seems to come from the one spot near the bottom right hand corner when looking at the screen head on.

I've loosed the back cover screws to see if that helps but now luck. I hear the tap every minute or so, when the TV is on and off, even after the warm up phase. Can sometimes last an hour before going away, then returning later.

LG says thermal expansion so far but feel more intrusive and regular than that to me - any other had a similar experience?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom