1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taping Digital TV programmes???

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by martinha, Nov 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. martinha

martinha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this is a really basic question but...

We bought a Sony KD28DX40 iDTV and Sony video the other day. Am I right to assume that we cannot tape a digital channel whilst viewing another digital channel (as there is only one digital tuner in the set-up)?

Conversely I assume we can tape an analogue channel whilst viewing a digital one? Do the new recordable DVDs on the market have an analogue and digital receiver inside so that you can record from digital and watch something else?

Sorry about the numerous questions but we're a tad confused and don't know if the TV or video are working OK!

Martin, Bromsgrove

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    See reply to your original thread :) .

3. martinha

martinha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...I thought all iDTV's had only 2 tuners (1 analogue and 1 digital). Well according to the Sony website, all their models only have 2??

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sony KD32-NX200 / KD36-NX200 are allegedly twin digital tuner.
    Possibly not.

5. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this applies to Sony but I have a panasonic IDTV.

To tape a digital prog whilst watching an analogue channel I have to select the Digital channel and "lock it". I can then either tape the prog whilst watching analogue or alternatively leave the TV in standby with the prog locked which will also record.

The TV has two scart connectors but only one will let me tape DTV while watching anologue (AV2). Sorry if it sounds a bit messy but it should explain in your operating instructions.

6. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To record to a DVD recorder is the same as recording to VCR. You need a fully wired scart and just alter the input select