1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tape to Mp3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by joe2snj, May 27, 2005.

1. joe2snj

joe2snj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have some music on tape that id eventually like to put on my future mp3 player. I currently have a Sony DHS-MDX10 with a Mini-Disc recording deck built in. I was wondering if once ive recorded the tape to MD, would sonic stage allow me to "check in" the files from the MD?

Im hoping that the manual recording would be im some sort of atrac format that sonic stage would regognise.

If not that method can anyone suggest a method of getting tape converted to mp3?

2. captainpacific

captainpacific

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I don't know about the MD bit, but I have successfully converted tape to wave files (which can then be converted to mp3 if you wish) using a Terratec Phono Studio Pre-Amp USB. This allows either tape or vinyl to be recorded onto the PC, at the same time allowing for some impressive tinkering with the analogue signal to improve the quality. It can remove scratches and clicks from vinyl / taped vinyl originals, and hiss from tape, etc.

You can get one for about £50 (e.g. eBay).